S. Geto - For Now

(Obviously implied spoilers.)
(You're both still in highschool.)

A sharp breath leaves your mouth as you wake up sporadically, staring wide eyed at the ceiling as you try to calm your racing heart.

The dream felt so real that at this point you're wondering if it had actually happened. You sit up, running a hand shakily across your forehead and glancing around the room. It was dark and empty, barely any light coming in from the window. It's almost terrifying.

You climb out of bed and wander to your door, determined to calm your mind by finding out if the dream was real. Logically it's not, but you need to know. You need to.

Geto died. He went rouge and got murdered in front of your eyes, a smile still resting on his face. It was brutal, and before that you had just watched him lose weight and crumble in on himself without doing anything. You did nothing at all. You didn't help your best friend and he died horribly because you just couldn't see what was really happening.

"It didn't really happen." You mumble to yourself, stumbling down the corridor to Geto's room. "He's fine. He's great. He's fantastic."

You stand in front of his door, anticipation clawing at your back. It's not like superstitions were that believable, but that dream wasn't normal. It didn't feel strictly hypothetical.

Picking up your hand, you knock lightly on the wooden material and shift uncomfortably on your feet. When you hear rustling on the other side and footsteps sounding out, you almost collapse with relief. At least someone's in there.

The door swings inward, and you come face to face with Geto, who's yawning and rubbing his eyes sleepily. His hair is down, and he's wearing one of his really big hoodies with a pair of shorts. He looks at you a little lost, taking in your messy appearance.

"Y/N? Are you okay-"

Before he can finish, you step forward and push yourself into his chest, wrapping your arms around his neck.

"Y/N?" He sets a hand on your back, looking down to try and see your face. When he can't, he just takes a step back with you in tow and pulls both of you into his room.

You stand wrapped up in eachother, the darkness of the room pressing into your bodies. The draft of air coming from his slightly open window breezes over your legs, cooling you down significantly.

"Sorry. I'm sorry I woke you up. Well not really but y'know." You chuckle, leaning back from his arms and looking him in the eye.

"What happened?"

"I had a nightmare. And you... you were..."

He hums, putting his hand on the back of your head and guiding you back into his arms, swaying back and forth.

"Hey, it's okay. I know what you're trying to say, but I'm here. I'm here, and I'm never going to leave."

"I-I didn't even notice." You mumble. "You were struggling and I didn't do shit."

"Look at me." You keep your head down. "Please look at me, sweetie."

Frowning, you let his warm hand guide your face up, and he rubs his thumb over your cheekbone.

He starts whispering to you kindly. "You are the most understanding person I've ever met, you know that? You're the person holding me down to earth whenever I feel like things are getting hard, and you don't know how much that means to me. You're doing so so much for me, and I'd never blame you if anything were to happen. It's not your fault, and other people's decisions aren't results of things you couldn't control."