2 - Difficult Questions

His smirk made me slightly nervous, but as I was at work, I stood my ground.

     'I am an employee of the car dealer from which your parents ordered a new car for you. I am here to deliver it, sir.' I said while pointing at the vehicle that I had driven here.

I handed out the key for him to take, he did and it only now occurred to make he had really big hands.

Wait.. what was I even thinking?

    'And do you have a name? as I asked what I can call you.'

     'y/n, sir'

      'Are you like a package deal with the car?' he asked while scanning me from top to bottom, there was a hint of like a joke in there but still...

The fuck

       'Did that girl just hit your head really hard during your argument and that's why you are saying such nonsense?' I asked in return but in a calm manner. 

He raised his eyebrow and suddenly stepped forwards which meant I stepped backwards as a response, which was a stupid move considering there was a little step.

I stumbled and almost fell but soon was caught by the handsome stranger.

     'I guess your answer is.. no?' he then asked in a husky voice, which made me fluster.

Especially because he still held on to me and our faces were so close to each other. and honestly, because the man was gorgeous, I didn't focus that much on the appearances of others but this guy's handsomeness was hard to ignore.

     'Let me go please' I indicated, and as I requested he did. 

However, I wasn't entirely aware of the fact I had no balance at all.

I fell on the ground, which actually hurt pretty bad.

     'What the ...' I exclaimed, wanting to use a swear word but quickly remembering I was talking to a client.

       'You requested me to let you go right?' Mr Kim said while crossing his arms.

       'Whatever' I slowly got back on my feet, trying not to be too visibly annoyed.

      'Could you please sign this form as a confirmation you have received the car keys, sir?' I asked while getting the forms from my bag.

    'Could you stop with the sir? It makes me feel I'm old when we, as I expect, hardly difference in age.'

      'so what is your preferred salutation?'

       'Taehyung'

        'Alright, Taehyung could you sign this form?' I asked

He nudged backwards

       'Do you want to come in? It would be easier to sign this thing on an actual table' he explained. 

I hesitated, and in a way, I wasn't sure why. It was quite normal practice to go inside a house like that, the "nice clients" would offer something to drink while they read through the document.

Why was I feeling nervous with this guy?

      'Is this a very difficult question?' Taehyung asked as I was going over my thoughts.

      'Sure' I eventually said and I stepped inside his home.

I didn't know what he did for a living but I was sure that he must be one of the richest clients I had ever visited. His whole house was beautifully designed and decorated. As the outside of his house the inside was modern as well.

We passed this enormous kitchen area.

     'You want something to drink?' he inquired 

Hmm, this would classify him as one of the nicer ones. I nodded

      'Perhaps some water?' I asked and he chuckled 'I have everything here, so you don't have to be modest'

I shook my head

      'No thank you, water will do.'

      'Fine, glasses are in that cabinet, you can get it yourself'

I looked at the cabin he pointed at and made my way to it.

       'alright'

It was peculiar as it was probably the first time a client had suggested I would get it myself.

He placed the document on the kitchen table and scanned through it.

      'Would you also like a glass, sir?' 

He looked up at me, but there was something in the way he looked at me that was odd, as if I had asked him a strange question. then I remember I had called him sir again.

     'I mean Taehyung' I quickly said.

There was no answer.

     'Is this a very difficult question?' I asked just as he had done. He scoffed but with a smile 'sure' he said similar to what I had answered before.

I placed the glass in front of him. I drank mine while he was still scanning the document. I then caught him glancing at me again.

Strange.

He eventually signed it and gave it to me. I bowed 'thank you si.. Taehyung.'

     'Thank you for the quick delivery and my apologies for the circumstances.' he replied, probably indicating the whole Ara thing. 

I made my way to leave.

    'What does it ride like?' he suddenly asked

      'It is really a great car, what struck me was how quiet it drives and how nicely it rides. plus you have the optional 3.5L twin-turbocharged V6 engine which makes it even more powerful. oh and all the technological aspects are awesome, like The 14.5-inch rectangle-shaped center screen which btw is the largest in the segment.'

I rattled on, super enthusiastic about the car.

Taehyung chuckled

     'You are fitting for the job, aren't you?'

      'I guess I am' I replied

       'so uhm I will take my leave now, enjoy your car Taehyung'.

I really did need to go because I needed to be back home before 19:00.

I wouldn't take a cab but public transport, that way I could save up the extra money. I mean I received enough to take a cab so if I chose not to do that, I was allowed to keep the money that was left. It would just take a while longer.

I opened the front door and stepped outside, but before I closed it, I turned to face Taehyung once more.

We exchanged another look and there was something in it that was hard to put into words. Eventually, I slowly closed the door behind me. Before it was completely shut Taehyung addressed me once more;

      'I hope we will meet again y/n'