102

"....." Evelina frowned and glared at her.

Angelina merely smiled back before walking over to the emperor's side when she was called over.

"Congratulations, lady Angelina." The Emperor smiled and patted Angelina on the head.

"This one thanks your majesty." Angelina bowed politely. Looking at the Emperor, Angelina felt sad. She truly missed the times he would teach her and drink tea with her...

Angelina quickly forced herself out of her thoughts and went back to reality.

"Lady Angelina." The princess called to her while holding Angelina's handkerchief.

"Yes princess?" Angelina smiled and lowered her head to be more respectful.

"Receive your reward." Elizabeth took the grand and expensive sapphire necklace from a servant.

"Thank you princess. This one is honored." Angelina nodded and took the necklace from the young princess's hands.

"Good. I-... This princess liked your handkerchief... Thank you for wishing this princess good health." Elizabeth said, blushing. She coughed and turned away, clearly embarrassed.

Angelina stared at the cute little princess.

She wasn't too close to the royal princess in her past life. They never even met! When she visits the imperial palace, she only spends time with the emperor and empress. She rarely sees the royal children.

But turns out the empire's youngest princess is a cute and stubborn one...

Even though the two competitions have ended, the ball continued. But the youngest princess and second prince didn't bother to stay any longer.

Angelina wasn't able to seek her usual group, she's currently being surrounded by lower standing aristocrats.

"Lady Angelina is indeed impressive!"

"Lady Angelina, this baroness will be holding an event shortly. Would lady Angelina come?"

"Lady Angelina! This lady would like to invite you to a tea party!"

"Lady Angelina, how did you learn to embroider the medela flower? Would lady Angelina be willing to teach me?"

Receiving such praises, one would be proud, shy, nervous, perhaps even embarrassed. But Angelina wasn't.

She was taught by Marchioness Bailey how to respond in the appropriate manner. She spent years living in the Bailey family's prestigious household. Feeling overwhelmed by this will put all her hard work to shame.

Though Marchioness Bailey was a terrible mother figure, she does play the role of Marchioness extremely well. And although Angelina hates her, a part of her respects the Marchioness.

After dismissing the crowd of nobles, who were previously surrounding her, Angelina expected to finally be able to breathe. But it appears she thought wrong.

As soon as she walked away, her wrist was quickly grabbed by someone.

"You've truly impressed me, little beauty..." Christopher smirked and stepped closer to her.

"You... Unhand me at once..." Angelina frowned.

"Oh? And why should I do that?" He tightened his grip on her wrist. That annoying smile remained.

"Because a true gentleman wouldn't forcibly grab a young lady in such a manner. If you do, you are nothing but a brute young master Christopher." A voice intruded suddenly. When the two turned their heads, they were met with angered amethyst eyes.