thirty nine

few days passed and the news of aurelia potter being in the inhabitants of death eaters spread like fire

few days passed and the news of aurelia potter being in the inhabitants of death eaters spread like fire. theodore nott sr. was asked several questions and he answered them all, not giving them a single hint that he could be lying. 

he didn't even return back to his manor as he faked of patrolling the town with the other death eaters. he exchanged various letters with twinkle who kept him updated about aurelia's health.

on the other hand, he somewhat felt relieved that aurelia was doing better. though she still wasn't awake since the day she got her right shoulder injured, she was safe and sound. twinkle had to push the potion down aurelia's throat which turned out to be a life saver.

when aurelia opened her eyes after about four days, she freaked out when she found herself in a complete unfamiliar environment.

 she looked around the room ; the bed she was laying on was on the rightmost corner of the room, there was a shelf just opposite to where the bed was which had several books. the room was almost empty with a table and chair kept besides the shelf. there was a cupboard just besides the shelf and a door at the left most corner which led to the attached bathroom.

only when aurelia's eyes fell on the several frames kept on the long side table did she realise that she was in theodore's bedroom. a small smile appeared on her lips when she found her photograph among several others.

 she tried to get up and when she felt pain shooting up her right arm she noticed the wound covered by a bandage and secured in a cast. the horrid scenes of her being chased by the death eaters flashed in front of her eyes. it made her squirm and shiver in fear. 

"oh miss aurelia potter! you are awake!" twinkle exclaimed happily when she opened the door to check on aurelia. 

"er. . . um hi." aurelia awkwardly muttered, trying to sit up straight. 

"wait twinkle will help you." the house elf said, scrambling inside the room and helped aurelia to lean up against the wall. 

"thanks. twinkle right?" aurelia asked earning a nod from the elf,"how am I here?"

"master theodore brought you here." she answered, handing a glass of water to aurelia who smiled at her. 

"theodore? i thought he must be at hogwarts." aurelia frowned, taking a sip of the water. 

"oh no, master theo ran away. . . and he's at hogwarts.master theodore, twinkle means master theo's father brought you here." twinkle explained. 

to hear that theodore's father who was a death eater helped her out almost felt surreal to aurelia. she wanted to know the reason behind it. 

"but why did his father help me? also theodore ran away? why?"

"master theodore never told me miss about why he helped you." the elf answered, keeping the half filled glass back on the side table,"and about master theo, twinkle just heard them fighting over something related to you- know who. master theo left the house at that very day with a note of parchment saying that he doesn't wants to get the dark mark."