8. Found

Angelina studied the map Riley unrolled across Mason's desk. It showed both Mason's Territory and Eris's land. Someone had adorned the map with yellow and green markers. Yellow for Evie and green for Jack.

     Since Mason had to go fulfill some other duties in the Pack, Casper and Riley quickly got hold of her. Casper didn't linger too long. He simply handed over the rolled paper to Riley, nodded and left.

     Riley guided her to the Alpha's study and motioned her inside the room.

     She noted that someone had plastered the young man's face at the bottom of the map, with the name Jack L. Samson below. He appeared to be just as young as Evie. A bright smile beamed back at her with sparkling blue eyes. She could tell that he was probably a charming kid. If there was anything she knew about her baby sister, it was that she fell hard and easily. She always worried about her big, soft heart she kept encased in a stone box.

     Beside his photo, there was a picture of Evie, the most recent one she possessed. Casper had asked for it earlier in the day for his research.

     Her chest felt heavy staring back at eyes identical to her own. She could tell that her baby sister was happy despite the absence of a smile on her youthful face. Her eyes were wide and twinkling, as if holding a secret she only knew.

     Casper had gone to town with the map, marking it according to his findings.

     "As you can see, Jack has visited your Pack a few times. Evie has only been here once. One of Jack's friends admitted that he had brought in a chick a few weeks ago to the Pack who fits her description. He'd been scared to mention it earlier but he hadn't heard from Jack in a while so he got worried."

     "How did she get in here?"

     "No idea. Which brings me to another question. How were you able to get inside? Did you hire a witch?"

     She had completely forgotten she hadn't been exactly greeted with open arms as she crossed into their Territory.

     She had no reason to withhold her information. "I just saw two people from your Pack draw a symbol on your barrier. I thought I could do the same so I watched and emulated it when they left."

     "Strange." The woman muttered. She didn't explain anything else as she re-directed their attention back to the map. "As you can see they seemed to meet up a lot out of Pack grounds considering they were trying to keep the relationship out of both our Pack's scrutiny. Looks like Casper found that they frequented these three places." She pointed to different points on the map marked with red stars.

     The first location was Sandy's Shack- an awesome eating place that supplied fresh seafood. She never visited the place, but she had always wanted to go.

     The second was Red Spot, a strip club that was two blocks away from Sandy's Shack. For a split-second, various scenarios entered her mind.

     What was Evie doing at a strip club? Her brain filtered through all the possible reasons, but none made sense.

     To her shock, the other location had her taking a double glance.

     Evie had come to Le Sucre often.

     How had she not seen her? Or scented her close-by?

     She was both alarmed and baffled by the discovery.

     "What? What is it?" Riley asked, sensing her unease.

     Before she could answer, the door whipped open, sending a staggering vibration against the walls.

     Dani stood framed by the doorway, heaving. That wasn't why Angelina was alarmed. The girl was crying. Her eyes were red-rimmed and tears were dripping down her cheeks like twin rivers.