𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

First person pov

    After a while, all of us gathered at the living room, and stayed in silence for a bit. I assume it was an awkward moment, but I didn't even realize since I was quite entertained with the fidgeting of my fingers. I sat by Vanya's side, with my legs close to my torso, pretty close to falling asleep until I heard Luther's voice.

       _"Uhm...I guess we should get this started."-He said while standing up.-"So I figured we could have some sort of memorial service in the courtyard at sundown. Say a few words...Just at dad's favorite spot."

       _"Dad had a favorite spot?"

       _"You know, under the oak tree. We used to sit out there all the time, none of you ever did that."

        _"Your daddy's boy side is really showing, Luther."- I said while sipping on a drink Klaus had given me earlier, and speaking of him...

        _"Will there be refreshments? Tea, scones..."

        _"Cucumber sandwiches would be good."- Those were classic party snacks.

       _"Yeah! Always a winner."

   _"What? No. And put that out, you know dad didn't allow smoking in here.

       _"Is that Allison's skirt?"

      _"I was about to ask that. Is that my skirt?"

      _"What? Oh yeah, this. Found it in your room. It's a little dated, I know, but it's very breathy on the..."bits".-Klaus added that last part while motioning to a part of his body that I wouldn't go into much detail.

   _"Listen up! There's still some important things that we need to discuss, all right?"

      _"Like what?"-Diego finally decided to enter the conversation.

      _"Like the way he died."

      I instantly rolled my eyes with his response. How could someone stay so paranoid after all this years? I don't know why a heart attack was something so weird and unexpected for Luther. Dad was getting older, after all.

      _"And here we go..."

      _"I don't understand, I thought they said it was a heart attack."- Vanya said, seeming confused. While that, Klaus sat in the middle of us and started playing with a strand of my hair.

      _"Yeah, according to the coroner."

      _"And wouldn't they know?"

      _"Theoretically."

      _"Theoretically? That's literally their job Luther, what do you mean?"

      _"I'm just saying, at the very least, something happened. The last time that I talked to dad, he sounded strange"

   _"Oh, quelle surprise!"- Klaus gurgled on his drink, making some of the liquid spill on my leg. Gross. I slapped the man's arm, playfully.

      _"Strange how?"

      _"He sounded on edge. Told me I should be careful who to trust."

      _"Oh, so like, how he usually was. A paranoid and bitter old man."

      Diego stood up from the chair in the corner that he was, and started walking slowly to Luther.

       _"...That was starting to lose what was left of his marbles."- He completed my sentence, and I nodded softly.