Part 27

Mahira was sitting on the chair her forehead was on the bed and her fingers intertwine with her princess. She was asleep due to exhaustion. She wanted her princess back safe with her. Asad came to the hospital and open the private room and kept his and Zaid's bag. Then he took the basket and went towards ICU to make Mahira eat dinner. As Mahira has not eaten anything which he came to know from the nurse and ward boy.

Yusuf and Asad had instructed the ward boy and nurse to be attentive towards Mahira also. No doubt till now the news was like fire in the hospital that there are a VIP guest and patient on the 12th floor and seeing Asad entering the hospital twice in a day made it confirm for everyone. 

( Private ICU room of Zarin ☝️ )

Asad stood with the basket in his hand and knock on the ICU door but he got no response so he knocks again and it was the same. So he slowly opens it and peeks inside it. Seeing nobody he walks inside further but not before keeping the basket on the center table of the sitting area. As he walks further he saw his jaan, his Mahira sleeping with her forehead on Zarin's bed. A smile made its way on his face, seeing the love which Mahira has for Zarin. He wanted to know more about it but choose to remain quiet for time being. He knew one thing that if Mahira loves her so much and Zaid loves her then she would be someone special.

He went towards Zarin's bed and slowly moves his hand on her head as a fatherly love and then decides to wake up Mahira. He stood beside her and slowly whispers her name "Mahira" it has been 5 years and all the memories we're making their way. But right now he knew he has to be there for Mahira to comfort her, to make her believe that things will be fine. He knew that he cannot talk about the past right now because the present and future are not at all good, as Zarin's condition is still critical. He only knew one thing that he has to be like support, as a pillar for Mahira. He can't leave her this time all alone to face everything. Because if this time he does that it would be the biggest mistake of his life. Though 5 years ago also he never wanted to do that but the circumstances were not in his hand.

He again called, "Mahira" and this time she woke up. She adjusts herself to the lights and sat straight. She turns to her left as if feeling the presence of someone. And there stood Asad Khan the strong, tall, devilishly handsome man looking at her which so much love, care, respect and concern. She adjusts her dupatta which was half fallen and stood up.

Asad's eyes were fixed on her face and her eyes he did not notice any of her move regarding her dupatta as he was so lost in those eyes and that face which he could stare at her for hours.

It was like time has stopped for him. His trance broke when his mobile beep indicating that he has received a message which he did not check. He clears his throat and said,

Asad: Mahira go and get fresh I have brought dinner for you.

Mahira felt it awkward and said,

Mahira: Asadji why did you take trouble I would have eaten here.

Asad turns his head slightly and his eyes went to that sandwich and said

Asad: I see how much you would eat.

Mahira too followed his gaze and found that she is caught red-handed and did not utter a word.

Asad: now go and get fresh I will set the table for dinner.

She just nobs and went in the washroom and got freshen up and came out.

Asad had already set the plate for two people. Mahira sat down over there and saw two plates she asked him in a polite tone keeping her gaze down she never wanted to have eye contact with him because she knew if she does that she will lose control of herself. She would yell, cry and a desire would take place to hug him and question him. Her love for him was beyond limits and in these 5 years, nothing changed. It only grew with time. But she never wanted Asad to feel pity for her and accept her. She wanted that place with dignity as she owns it which right now she was not sure about.

Mahira: Why two plates?

Asad: I am having dinner with you from today onwards every day.

Her eyes widen. It was the first time they were having dinner together. Lunch, snacks were ok they had many times in their past but dinner was the first time so she just nods her head. Asad serves her and himself and they started eating. Dinner went in complete silence as they never knew what to talk about. Though they have a lot of topics to talk about but it seems as they were lost of words. After they completed dinner Asad packed the tiffin and Mahira wash the plates and kept them on the counter. It was a private ICU. (Peeks of being rich and owning a hospital are seen in many things)

Asad: Mahira I guess you should rest for some time. I will sit here with the princess.

Hearing princess from Asad's mouth a small smile made its way on Mahira's face. Seeing her smiling though it was a small smile made Asad happy.

Mahira: No Asadji I will sit you go home.

Asad: I am not going home. I and Zaid both will stay in hospital with you and the princess.

The shock was evident on Mahira's face. She said politely to Asad

Mahira: Asadji there is no need for it. You go I will manage and if anything happens I will call Zaid and Saad.

Asad: Why not me?

Mahira narrow her browns not understanding what he meant so she asked

Mahira: Matlab (means)

Asad: Why won't you call me and would call Zaid and Saad?

Mahira became speechless, what was she supposed to reply. She never knew what to say so she kept quiet and her eyes down and started playing with the edge of her dupatta. Though Mahira was a confident lady but in front of Asad she would lose her confidence and it was not today it was even in her past. Asad was keenly watching every move of her. He would laugh at this situation if it would have been in the past and the circumstance would have been normal but today he just smiled and said.

Asad: I am here and not going anywhere (going anywhere this time he wanted to say but said in his mind) leaving you and princess.

Mahira: ok we will do turns. I will sleep for one hour then you sleep.

Asad nobs his head in acceptance and took the chair to seat near the princess on which Mahira was sitting.

Mahira too nobs her head and went and sat on the bed cross leg which was kept near the window. She leans her head to the window panel side and closes her eyes. She never lay down. She too was sitting and taking a nap as no proper sleep was there in her eyes because still her princess was not safe and anything could happen.