< XXVI >

Neveah Aurora North:

I slowly open my eyes, immediately closing them since there's too much light, and groan out of pain. I feel like I've been run over by a million elephants. 

'Neveah?' It's Leya. I feel her tiny hands wrap around mine and flinch at the sudden touch. 'Celine, she's awake!' 

'What's going on?' I ask, trying to open my eyes again. It takes a few seconds for them to adjust to the bright lights, as everything comes flowing in. 

'How are you feeling?' Celine asks as she flashes a tiny flashlight in my eyes. 'Where are we?' 

I close my eyes and try to calm myself down. Stressing out won't help anything. 

'First, answer my questions, then I'll answer yours.' I try sitting up, but a wave of pain rushes through me, making me flinch and look at the blankets that are covering me. 

I remember getting shot and losing a lot of blood, but somehow I'm still alive. 'I feel like shit, now tell me where the fuck we are.' I sneer, pulling the blankets down just enough to see my body. 

Stitches are going up my stomach, alarming me a little. 'You're fine. You just lost a lot of blood,' Celine says as she grabs my hand, trying to calm me down, 'Thanks to Rio that problem was solved. Nothing's damaged, you should be fine in no time.' Thank god! 

'Leya?' I turn to her and grab her hand, pulling her in my arms. 'Are you okay? Did you get hurt?' She shakes her head and smiles at me. 'I'm the one who should be asking you, idiot.' 

I lean back, trying to get comfortable in this hard bed. This isn't our room. 

'How are you feeling?' She asks softly while grabbing my hand. 'Better than yesterday, worse than tomorrow.' 

A wave of pain rushes through my body, out of nowhere. It hurts like a motherfucker and almost makes me pass out. 

'What day is it?' I ask trying to stay awake. I'm absolutely exhausted. 'Monday.' Meaning I didn't miss much... 'How long do I have to lay in bed.' 'As long as possible. You need time to heal Neveah.' 

I huff and stare at Celine. I love her for saving me, but I don't want to stay in bed all day and do nothing. Besides the two of them, the room is empty. 

'Wait, where's Tiago?' My heart starts racing as fear takes over my body. What if something happened to him? What if he got shot and died?! 'He's fine!' Leya yells as she sees the growing fear in my eyes. 

'Where is he?' 'Do you want me to go get him?' I nod and push myself up, just a little more. 'Okay, I'll be right back-' Celine stops Leya from walking out the door and looks at me. 

'You two need to talk, after that, you'll sleep. You can talk to Leon later. You need to rest.' Oh my god! 'Please, let me just-' 'No. Go and talk.' She demands before leaving the room. 

Talk about what? I stare at Leya who slowly turns around and smiles at me. She's hiding something. I just know it. 'What happened?' 

She slowly steps towards my bed and looks at my hands. I try moving to the side, creating space for her to sit, as she climbs next to me and sighs deeply. 

'I thought you weren't going to make it...' She mutters before taking another deep breath. I grab her hand and squeeze it tightly. 'You're not getting rid of me that easily.' 

She giggles and wipes away a falling tear. 'I'm fine Ley, what happened?' She takes another deep breath, scaring me a little. 

Cataleya only acts like this when she fucked up big time, which means she did something bad. Like, really bad.