Demure//07

Demure: Affectedly modest, reserved or serious.
———————————————————

Oliver was a wonderful cook. (Y/N) read books in which the protagonist would wake up smelling the beautiful breakfast waiting for them in the kitchen, but she never experienced it. Stretching in her bed, she inhaled deeply, savoring the smell of freshly made pancakes before getting up.

Entering the living room and kitchen area she saw Oliver decorating the puffy textured pancakes with whipped cream and some chocolate. She didn't even know she had those in her kitchen.

"Voilà! Say that they don't look like they belong in a commercial." Oliver beamed as he showed the full plate to his friend.

"Have I ever told you that you are my favorite person in the world?"

"Why of course I am, it would be a problem if I weren't."

The two of them sat at the table and enjoyed their breakfast while soft pop music played from the radio.

"Why don't you call your friends over for lunch today? You haven't really been in contact with them, they could be worried."

She thought about calling Andrew and Lauren over. Those two were the only ones besides Oliver that knew about the incident. (Y/N) chose not to tell her parents and Tanya, knowing that both would probably go crazy knowing that something like that happened. Hell, she was sure she'd be forced to return home and never come back, and she didn't want that.

She enjoyed this small town and even her college. An incident like that won't be the one taking her peace and happiness.

"That's a good idea actually... but what will you prepare Mr. Gordon?" she asked, nudging her friend playfully.

"Aha! I am sorry, but the master chef never reveals his tricks!"

"Doesn't that rule apply for magicians or something like that?"

"Silence, do not question me." Oliver said, mimicking the voice of the famous chef.

Finishing their breakfast, (Y/N) texted her friends who were more than happy to visit and began cleaning around. Oliver was looking at different recipes, trying to find a good one that had ingredients they already have – he was too lazy to go and get groceries.

Both doing their thing, the two would dance around while working, having their own fun. When (Y/N) finished cleaning she headed to the shower, hearing Oliver tell her not to waste all the warm water.

It was around one in the afternoon when Lauren and Andrew knocked on her door.
Meeting Oliver was a fun experience for the two. (Y/N) was happy to see the two of them getting along with her childhood friend.

"I now understand why you're more reserved and serious (Y/N)." Andrew commented.

"How so?" (Y/N) questioned with a puzzled look on her face.

"You're friends with Oliver, man stole all the funny from you."

"Excuse me? I'll have you know that I am a very funny person. You just aren't worthy enough to hear my jokes."

Lauren and Oliver looked at each other, grinning as they watched the two of them bicker. (Y/N) and Andrew continued acting offended, their hands on their chests, mimicking each other. All of them proceeded to crack jokes throughout the lunch, which resulted in choking on food multiple times due to the laughter.

After their chaotic attempt of a normal lunch, they sat on the couch and talked about random subjects that seemed to pop up.

"So Oliver used you as a cloth to clean his brushes from paint?" Lauren asked while chuckling.