Ch 247: Things That You Care

Something isn't right here Pramanix thought.

.... Did God... just say something weird?

No of course not.

Think about it. That sentence doesn't seem to be very strange. It's nothing more than a response to Lin Ye's self-introduction. What's weird about that right?

"..."

Wait! Wait! It's obviously weird! Who is that?! That's God! It's the god of Karlan and the supreme being of Kjerag! How could it be possible to say, "My name is Messiah, I don't know how old I am this year, by profession, I am a god"! Is she not serious! No! Right! Right! As a saint, how can I think that what to the Lord God said is not serious? Since she is a God, then every word must be God's word! it is impossible to be not serious! Right?! Pramanix suddenly feels that her head is not working well.

She had been the saintess for many years now, and she thinks that after spending so long by God's side, her thinking is no longer comparable to that of ordinary people. It stands to reason that she should be able to maintain a calm heart no matter what happens. Only now did she realizes that she seemed to have a long way to go to become a real true Saintess.

Messiah realizes that her little saintess's mood is a bit wrong and withdraw her smile. She then in an extremely flat tone says "Anya, please leave us. Doctor Lin and I need to talk"

Pramanix had no idea what Messiah had to talk to Lin Ye alone, but as a saintess, she could not oppose God's decision at all. She was not allowed to even question it.

So, she nods slightly, replies in a low voice, and then withdraws from the hall. Closing the door by the way out.

Just before closing the door, she gave Lin Ye an extremely weird look. Although Lin Ye notices it, he didn't know how to respond. So, he pretends not to see it.

The door of the main hall is finally closed, and then he hears the footsteps of Pramanix coming downstairs. And the crunch of the old corridor when she steps on.

After all the noises disappeared, Messiah sighed and says slowly "You almost made me laugh in front of Anya."

"Ah? Is that so?" Lin Ye didn't know what he did wrong, "What did I do?"

"No one has ever dared to say greet me like that," Messiah says softly.

Then Lin Ye hears the sound of rustling clothes. He follows the sound, and then his eyes widened.

He sees Messiah standing up.

"You..." Lin Ye opens his mouth slightly, pointing at the Messiah, speechless.

"No one has ever dared to point to me before." Messiah smiles.

Lin Ye immediately puts down his hand.

Messiah is now wearing the same thing she wore half an hour ago. A set of rather simple clothes. After Messiah got up, the white robe was still in the same position as before, kneeling on the wooden floor, even though the person in the robe was no longer there.

"What's that?" Lin Ye helplessly asks.

"That's how it is." says Messiah, "This suit was given to me by someone else."

"It was given to you by someone else?" Lin Ye thought for a while, and guess, "Is it a tribute to you?"

"You could say that" Messiah smiles, "A long time ago, they said I am the god of Karlan, and if God wants to look like a god, they helped me make this suit. It's just that I rarely wear it because it's too complicated to wear. There are various ribbons and strings inside. It takes a lot of time to wear it without help."

"Don't you have a maid?"

"No."

"What about the Saintess?"

"The saintess doesn't serve me." Messiah says, "And this saintess of mine has been running for many years. When I heard that she came back. I was surprised."

That's right. She has been running for many years.

Lin Ye looks at the robe on the ground: "So you fixed the robe here?'

"Yeah." Messiah nods, "When someone visits me, I will go in again."

"Go in..,"

Are you really a god or a cat? Lin Ye is a little speechless. If it wasn't for him. Seeing some of the Messiah's methods. It's really hard for him to believe that the girl in front of him is the god of Karlan, the supreme being of Kjerag.

"People here always want to slurp all the gorgeous things. Give it to me to show respect for me." Messiah leans against the handrail, her hair and scarf billowing in the wind, "But they don't understand,"

Lin Ye looks at Messiah's scarf. In fact, he noticed it early in the morning. Probably the only flaw on her body is that scarf. The scarf is really ugly. it's pure gray, it doesn't even have a pattern, and it looks a little earthy.

It was probably given to her by a believer who was not good at aesthetics.

Of course, what he thought in his heart and what he says in his mouth must be different: "Your scarf looks good."

"Does it look good?" Messiah's eyes narrow "I don't think so, I just think it keeps me warm. That's it."

"Does it really?"

"Yes." Messiah nods and says softly, "It's enough to keep me warm."

Lin Ye feels that Messiah seemed to mean something. Could it be that she had noticed that he was complaining about the scarf in his heart? By the look on her face, it seems to be a very important thing.

"Is that so. I'm glad that someone gave it to you then. Keeping warm is really important."

"... Me too." she smiles happily at him.

Seeing the hall becomes quiet, he tries to change the topic.

"You don't seem to care about Pramanix running away." Lin Ye says, "Isn't she the saintess? Your saintess was gone for a very long time. Are you not angry?"

"Angry? Why should I be angry? And Anya is not my saintess, but the saintess of Karlan." Messiah says, "She belongs to Karlan, not me."

"But you are the god of Karlan."

"Yes. She is the saintess of Karan, and I am the god of Karlan. Does it matter?"

Lin Ye didn't quite understand: "You always feel like you don't care about your identity. This is not something to care about."

"Then what do you care about? Tell me." Messiah smiles at him, "You should first talk about what you care about. At this moment, in your heart what do you care about the most? Don't lie. You should know. I am a god."

Is this a kind of shooting yourself in the foot?

The thing that I care about most now... I do have OCD so... Lin Ye thought about it carefully, and it seems that there is indeed something that he wants.

"Um, you'd better ask someone to fix the stairs." Lin Ye says "It's the stairs outside. They are all very old. You always feel like you will fall down if you are not careful. Although you are a god... Haha. However, it's better to fix it. I don't want you to accidentally hurt yourself on it."

Messiah opens her mouth slightly in surprise,

*Sigh* You still the same as always.

Then she smiles widely. "Well..."

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly & HayashiKisho

Edit by Jaq