𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛.

^enough said (or shown ig) - listen to this - (dynasty by MIIA) 

Malfoy Manor had been volunteered by Abraxas Malfoy to be the host of the latest Death Eater meeting called by Voldemort. This one in particular was not for a specific mission as others had been, but instead just as a morbid sort of progress update and for new assignments to be given out to his followers when they weren't being useful or had just completed something else.

Peter let out a tiny breath of relief that he was not late as he apparated into the drawing room.

The drawing room was full of silent people, sitting at a long and ornate table. Illumination came from a roaring fire with pale emerald flames instead of comforting, orange glowing ones beneath a handsome marble mantelpiece surmounted by a gilded mirror that reflected downwards onto solemn faces.

Peter along with Yaxley took a seat at the end of the table farthest from Voldemort, who began to speak as all of his followers worth noticing had arrived.

The mousy boy at the very end of the table felt a tremor of fear go through him as the terrifying man spoke.

Despite this fear, however, Peter was very glad that he had joined Voldemort's ranks. Even while in Hogwarts, it had been starting to become clear to him that the Order was on the losing side of the wizarding war. And Pettigrew was not one to be on the weaker side, he had to protect themselves at all costs.

Even during his first year at school, he had followed James and Sirius for protection.

And now that pattern was repeating, but with Voldemort instead.

"Nott, is it true that you and Malfoy have successfully tracked down Marlene Mckinnon and Dorcas Meadowes?" he asked in a cold voice.

The two boys nodded without a shred of remorse.

Peter felt an unpleasant squirm go through him as he thought of the blonde girl that had always been the person who could make the entire class laugh with her lack of a filter. Marlene always had the brightest smile in the room and felt things very intensely, which was why so many things had happened revolving around her. A jolt of uncertainty went through him.

Then again, she had hurt Sirius, Peter thought. So maybe she deserves what's coming her way.

He stayed silent as Voldemort progressed his questions down the table, and his stomach flipped every time that the chair called began to get closer and closer to him. After Narcissa had been talked to, Peter fidgeted with his thumbs under the table in hopes that Voldemort would look past him as a mere foot soldier.

"Pettigrew."

All of the gazes in the room transferred to Peter, who tried not to show his fear.

"Yes, my Lord?" Peter asked, trying to show his loyalty as much as possible.

"You have not done much in the past few weeks besides merely showing up to meetings trembling," he said in a cold tone that echoed through the high ceilinged room. "And with all of that time you have been spending with blood traitors, mudbloods, and halfbreeds, should I be starting to question your loyalty?"

The last thing Peter wanted was to end up tortured like the other traitors to Voldemort, so he fervently shook his head in reply.

"No, my Lord, my loyalty is to you and only you," he said, a significant tremor in his voice. "I am staying close to them merely because you have instructed me to."