Waking Up

My mind was a complete blur. My head hurt and I tried not to move as my senses came about. I could hear the soft blow of wind and the low sound of the radio playing. I listened intently hearing my surroundings before I opened my eyes.

When I did I was met with a bright light. After blinking and taking my time to sit up I noticed I was in some sort of recovery room. I stood up slowly feeling the ground beneath my feet and I walk towards the radio playing, listening carefully to what it was saying when suddenly, a woman walks into the room.

I must admit the act was good. She was dressed just like any girl would in the 1940's but I knew better.
"Good morning. Or should I say, afternoon?" She spoke softly glancing at her watch offering me a warm smile but I didn't return it.
"Where am I?" I ask her.
"You're in a recovery room in New York city." She told me.
I didn't reply and listened to the radio.
"The Dodgers take the lead, 8-4. Oh, Dodgers! Everyone is on their feet. What a game we have here today, folks. What a game indeed."

I look back at her suspiciously.
"Where am I really?" I ask again.
"I'm afraid I don't understand." She asked me but her demeanour changed and she looked more nervous then before.
"The game, it's from May, nineteen forty one. I know, cause I was there." I waste no time getting up.
"Now, I'm gonna ask you again. Where am I?" I demanded answers.
"Captain Rogers..." I notice her push a button in her hand.
"Who are you?" However, I didn't have time to interrogate her further as two soldiers in black uniform enter the room. I waste no time attacking them and knocking out the wall.
I stare around flustered. I realise I'm on some kind of made up set and I waste no time running out of there. I continue running until I find myself surrounded by bright lights and modern cars everywhere. I stop and take in my surroundings realising to myself I was in the future.

I didn't have time to process anything. My breaths were harboured and short. I could feel an immense amount of panic rise in my chest. Now suddenly I was surrounded by black cars and men with guns. I had to admit I was scared and confused. A man than makes his way out and I take in his appearance. He had a dark skin tone and a shaven head. He wore all black leather-some type of uniform and he had an eye patch secure to his left eye.

"At ease, soldier! Look, I'm sorry about that little show back there, but... we thought it best to break it to you slowly." He announced stepping closer towards me.
"Break what?" I ask just wanting answers.
"You've been asleep, Cap. For almost seventy years."
I stare at the man in shock. My mind immediately wanders to one place and one place only.
"You gonna be okay?" He asks me.
"Yeah. Yeah. I just...I had a date." I breath hard, remembering I had left my world behind. I left Allison alone.