Chapter 68

Song - Chasing Pavements by Adele
Status - Summary song, not chapter song (bro this song is so perfect for their relationship)

Em POV:

I walk into my room to see Toby already sprawled on my bed and going through my biology workbook, I wish I could say I was surprised but honestly, it was Toby and this was completely normal for him. I also wish I could say that the biology book didn't bring back memories of a night by the beach with the bad boy standing so close behind me that I could feel his body heat.

"You guys were so mean to Ryan," I sigh, I had to admit that I didn't actually want to kiss him but I actually felt so bad for poor Ryan, no one deserved that awkwardness after such a nice date.

"I did nothing Collins,' Aiden smirks, putting his hands up in surrender; "that was all Toby."

"It's true," Toby grins from my bed.

"You let him!!" I reply back to Aiden.

"What, you think Toby is easy to control?" Aiden replies, smirking at me.

I sigh, he was right, "I just feel bad for Ryan."

"Don't, how did it go anyway?" Toby grins.

"Good, he's really nice," I smile.

"Nice? So you're friend-zoning him?" Aiden smirks from my door where he was leaning against the frame.

I look at Aiden pointedly, I had to admit that he was right but he didn't need to know that.

"It's true though, right Mills?" Toby chimes. I sigh, walking to my bed and lying beside Toby who was on his back, I crawl up beside him and lay my head on his shoulder.

"Yeah," I admit. Toby grins down at me and goes back to reading my notes. Toby and I had an amazing relationship, I adored him and he just made it so easy to be around him, a part of me wished that it could have been him who I fell for but instead I fell for his asshole best friend.

Aiden stays against the door frame, scrolling on his phone while Toby goes through my notes, I lie on Toby's shoulder and for the first time today, I had a chance to think.

🎵🎶🎵

I knew exactly why my date with Ryan went the way it did, and that was because I was hopelessly in love with Aiden. Ryan was such a nice guy but there was nothing there and that was because everything was with Aiden.

I couldn't deny what I felt for him, and I obviously couldn't stop feeling for him so I was in a double bind. I wasn't sure whether I should bring everything up with Aiden for my own sake and so I could finally hear the rejection and get over him, but I knew exactly what he was going to say anyway. He had already fallen back into old habits, sleeping with beautiful blondes that would never be me, there seemed to be no point. But even still, I was in love with him and couldn't get over him, I knew it wasn't worth trying but something inside of me begged me not to give up just yet. He had screwed me over big time with Katherine but maybe there was a reason, or maybe I was just making excuses.

No matter what happened, I was in a lose-lose situation, but my subconscious seemed not to register that and still want him, more than anything or anyone else.

My phone chimes, bringing me out of my thoughts. I pull it from my pocket and look, it was from Charlie on the group chat;

From the best threesome ever;

It was so amazing guys, he's so perfect!!! Date 2 tomorrow bitches.

I smile at the message, I was glad that Charlie had a good time.