Assemble

I gazed up from my place where I stood ridged ready to fight once more. From the portal, above us hundreds more of Chitauri fly out. I gaze at Steve who was beside me. All of us were now staring at the portal thousands of feet above us. I reached down to lightly grab onto Steve's hand and he squeezed it in comfort.

That was the little extra boost of confidence I needed. My team was here and all ready to fight and give what they had. It was my job to do the same. I was ready.

"Guys." Came Nat's voice unsurely.
"Call it, Cap." Tony asked.
"Alright, listen up. Until we can close that portal up there, we're gonna use containment. Barton, I want you on that roof, eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or your turn it to ash." I smiled up to Steve proudly, not having taken in a moment like this since the 20th century.

"Wanna give me a lift?" Clint asks Tony.
"Right. Better clench up, Legolas." Tony states making me let off another smile.

He boosts Clint up onto the nearest, tallest building, before he himself circles around.

"Thor, you've gotta try and bottleneck that portal. Slow them down. You've got the lightning. Light the bastards up." Thor immediately gets to work and uses his hammer to lift him off the ground, after Steve's orders.

He then finally turns to the rest of us.
"You two and me, we stay here on the ground, keep the fighting here. And Hulk. Smash." He ordered.

I nodded and watched as Hulk leaped into the air and got to work smashing all the Chitauri soldiers in his path. I gave Nat and Steve a small smile before turning on my suit with a small hit to my arc and getting to work. Soldiers were coming to us from every angle but we worked as a team to fight them off.

I mainly used my hand to hand combat to take down the nearest soldiers in my path but I used my electric voltage contained in my suit to, throw more effective punches. I ariel kicked one in the face throwing it backwards then quickly unfolded my spear to decapitate it. I sighed deeply to allow oxygen back into my lungs before hauling up one of their many weapons they dropped.

I took a few seconds to figure out how it worked, before I got the hang of it. I flipped around and jumped onto a near crashed car before pulling the trigger and shooting down anyone in my path or near the others. I ensured that I strategically missed Nat and Steve not wanting to put their safety at risk. They smiled up at me thankfully.

"Captain, Ali, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal." Nat told me. I nodded in agreement tiredly.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it." Steve replied. I just wondered how many more soldiers Loki had, as the seven of us were becoming more tired and fatigued by the passing minutes.

"Well, maybe it's not about guns." She gestures to the flying chariots above us. I raised my eyebrows in alarm.
"You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride." Steve told her.
"I got a ride. I could use a lift though." She replied already stepping back and pushing her hair out of her face.

"Are you sure about this?" Steve asks holding up his Shield for her. I looked over to Nat and she gave off a small smile reassuring me.
"Yeah. It's gonna be fun." She nodded.

She then runs over to Steve before using her feet to lift her off the ground, bouncing onto Steve's shield as he uses all his strength to throw her into the air. I held my breath watching as she grabbed onto a cart and zoomed out of sight. I sighed in relief knowing she got up there safe before turning back to Steve.

"You alright?" He asked, before I could reply I noticed a Chitauri behind him. I immediately flipped over his tall figure and stabbed the alien straight through the chest, piercing his heart before turning and yanking my spear back out of him. Watching dark blue blood squirt over the concrete.