[ Chapter 36 ]

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

You shivered a little at the cold, knocking on a certain someone's door. You heard their footsteps before they opened the door.

"Oh hey, [Y/N]. Come on in." Erwin said to you with a polite smile, gesturing for you to come inside.

As you entered he sat back down in his office chair where he was situated moments ago. A small pile of papers was stacked on his desk and he was busy with signing them, it seemed.

You rubbed your temple with your [Right/Left] hand, blinking your eyes a couple of times. You placed your hands on his shoulders, leaning over to see what he was working on. "What are you doing?" You asked him softly.

"Just some paperwork for the Military Police.. some of them went with us on the rescue mission and didn't return, so I need to fill in these files" He explained a bit, his expression turning slightly sour.

You squeezed his shoulder gently. "Need any help?" Erwin shook his head, rejecting your offer. "No need, I'm almost done."

You took a step back, focusing on the books that sat on the bookshelf behind his desk. "Hey, didn't the doctor say you should take it easy?" You asked him, stroking one of the book's side, taking it in your hand.

The blond male chuckled and shook his head. "He did, but duty calls." You scoffed. "Fuck that, you should rest. It's quite late already."

"Late? Little bird, it's almost morning. Haven't you slept already?" He questioned you worriedly. As a soldier, rest was very important.

You looked away and looked outside of the window. It was dark and the moon was still up. Must've been around 4 am if you had to guess. "I slept for like a few minutes, I guess. Couldn't after that." You said, remembering the dream you had. Well.. nightmare.

The commander stared you up and down. "In uniform?" He laughed at you softly. "No wonder you can't sleep."

You huffed, folding your arms over each other. "You can sleep here, if you'd like. You can take a shower as well. My office is connected to my bedroom and bathroom, so go ahead." Erwin offered you. You thanked him and left to go take a shower.

You took a quick shower in Erwin's bathroom and put on some clothes you stole from his closet. You returned to his office, standing in the doorway.

"Hey, could I borrow this?" You asked Erwin awkwardly, pulling on the white button up shirt you were wearing.

Erwin smiled at you, the tips of his ears dusted a light red. "Sure, I don't mind at all" He admitted, turning back to his paper. "Plus, you look cute in it.."

He signed the last paper before stretching his limbs from all the sitting, letting out a small yawn. "Tired yet, commander?" You teased him a little.