33"

Zenevieva looked out across the lake

She closed her eyes, inhaling deeply, the cold air filling her lungs.

It was unusually cold for a Halloween night, the grass around her collected dew that froze at the tips creating little transparent bubbles.

Anala smiled in her arms, unaware to Zenevieva's discomfort.

Anala was always a strangely happy child, in Zenevieva's opinion anyway.
Her happy gurgling and giggling didn't seem to co exist fluently with the chilling darkness that surrounded them.

The wind rustled the trees and the water lapped the bank while the distance shrieks of the dragons rung in the air.

Deciding that she was just paranoid Zenevieva decided to make her way back into the castle.

Zenevieva couldn't shake the feeling.

The feeling that something was about to happen.

She always did have a sixth sense when it came to Tom.

She closed her eyes once again, trying to cancel out Anala's distracting murmurs, trying to just focus on anything else but the unsettling feeling that hung in the air around her.

Running her hand through her hair she placed Anala down on her bed and watched her shuffle around in the sheets as if it was the most entertaining thing she'd ever done.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't shake the feeling. It had settled in her gut and consumed every conscious part of her brain.

She needed to leave

Why? She had no idea, but she just needed to

"Kreacher!" She called

Kreacher appeared seconds later, peering around the door

"My lady" he croaked

"Take master Regulus' locket" she said taking off the locket and giving it Kreacher, "the order is from Master Regulus before he died, destroy it Kreacher"

"Yes my lady" he nodded, disappearing quickly.

She walked over to Anala who had quickly fallen asleep on top of Zenevieva's pillow, curled up into a ball. Her chestnut hair covered her face as she breathed softly and rhythmically. Zenevieva brushed her hair out of her face before picking up the child and holding her in her arms.

Grabbing the nearest blanket she wrapped it around her, tucking in the corner, preventing it from unravelling.

Zenevieva brushed her fingers across the girls chubby cheeks.

In case she woke up Zenevieva tucked her dagger into the blanket, at least Anala would have a toy to keep her entertained while she was gone. The blade shon in the firelight, the initials Z.G. Clearly engraved upon it.