Space

In space. in the ship.

Bellamy walked over to me " How's Murphy?"

Me "Jackson got both bullets. He'll be okay. Cockroaches are hard to kill. Emori's with him now. And Gaia's gonna keep her leg."

Bellamy "what about your dad?"

I looked down.

Bellamy froze "is he..?"

Me " They put him in a drug-induced coma. I'm not sure why, but Jackson says there's not enough of the drug to keep him that way for long."

I shook my head " It doesn't look good."

Bellamy" What if he didn't need the drug? I don't know much about cryosleep, but at least it would keep him alive."

I nodded "That's brilliant. I'll tell Abby."

Bellamy " When you're finished, come to the bridge. We're deciding the fate of the human race. Again. You should be there."

I nodded.

At the bridge.

We looked at out plane. A shame. It looked like primefaya but this is worse.

Bellamy "It's gone, guys. Like our ancestors on the ark, we're the last of the human race."

Me " Our ancestors were wrong. We're not."

Bellamy "412 people on this ship. Thanks to Madi, we saved who could be saved. Now it's our job to keep them alive. How do we do that?"

Raven" Algae?"

Murphy groaned annoyed "Oh, float me now."

I smiled at him.

Shaw "From what we know about the half-life of hythylodium, it'll be at least 10 years before that valley comes back, this ship does have a small water recycler and a few weeks' worth of rations, but that's it. Cryo is the only option. There are 500 pods, which is more than enough for what we need."

Raven nodded "I agree with Shaw. The tech is amazing. We go to sleep, we don't age, we wake the next morning, It's 10 years later. And Bob's your uncle."

Monty" I thought you hated that phrase."

Raven" It's growing on me."

Bellam y " It's up to you, Madi."

Madi nodded " Okay. I guess it's time for bed."

--

I sat down on my bed.

Bellamy walked over to me.

I looked at him.

Bellamy "are you scared?"

I shook my head.

Bellamy sighed "i can tell when you're lying"

I nodded "and you're not scared? Cyro, Bell? i- i mean-"

Bellamy nodded "i know what you mean. Octavia told me something about you"

Me "what? that i called you on the radio every day for 6 years while you were on the ring? with her?"

Bellamy nodded, looking down.

Me "you can't imagine the things i would have done just to hear your voice once"

Bellamy looked at me "would you believe me if i told you that i felt the same way about you?"

I shook my head "no. As much as i want to, i just can't ignore the fact that while i was in the bunker, heartbroken - you were up there enjoying yourself with her"