Through the Dark (August 2014)

Harry: 20

Camryn: 20 Darcy: 3 Lennon: 11 monthsAuggie: 3 weeks

Camryn: 20
Darcy: 3
Lennon: 11 months
Auggie: 3 weeks

❤️Thank you so much to @tomholland8192 who requested this chapter❤️

TW: Deals with postpartum depression

"Daddy?"

"Well hi, sugar,"Harry smiles, a bit startled by his little girl waiting for him at the door. Initially it's her being right in front of him that startles him, but upon further inspection, it's her demeanor that begins to make him uneasy.

"Baby, what's wrong?" He asks as he kneels down to inspect the dried tears on her cheeks and the new ones welling up in her eyes at the sight of her daddy.

"Mummy's sad,"Darcy whispers, her voice hiccuping as Harry cradles her cheeks in his palms.

"Oh sweetheart,"Harry whispers, frowning at her sympathetic sadness coming through. She's always been extremely in tune with emotions, especially Carmyn's. "It's okay. Maybe she's just having a rough day."

Except, he knows that's a lie. He just doesn't want to admit it to his little girl and he doesn't want to admit it to himself.

It's been three weeks since their third baby made his surprise entrance into the world and it's been anything but easy. The transition from not having a baby to having newborn Darcy was a fairly easy one. She was a really content baby and hardly cried unless she wasn't being held. And then they had Lennon and that was almost an easier transition. He was also a super easy baby and Darcy adored her little brother and always wanted to be Camryn's little helper which helped ease some of Camryn's burdens.

Auggie's entrance, however, has been extremely different for a number of reasons that Harry doesn't even want to begin to decipher and he's noticed how big of an affect it's had on Camryn, but he's tried to hide it from the kids as much as possible. Apparently, he didn't do a good enough job.

"Did you have a good day today,"Harry asks quietly, rubbing his fingertips along Darcy's cheeks and trying to change the subject to help ease her little mind.

She shrugs silently and sniffles again. "Mummy was really sad. She cried lots."

"She did?"Harry whispers, his heart sinking further. Him and Camryn hadn't talked as much as he would've liked throughout the day, but that wasn't new for them over the past couple of weeks. He's had to take a back seat and watch his wife drift away from him while he desperately tries to get to her, but he never seems fast enough.

He'll call her a couple of times when he gets a free minute in between recording and it will ring with no answer. Then, he'll talk it up to her just being busy with the three kids, even though he knows that's not it. He knows she's purposely screening his calls just like she's been purposely screening him in real life.