18- The Wall's between Us

**Hi little note from your Crank of an author! This story will be over at chapter 20! I don't want it over 20, so it will be done once I write the last chapter! The next book title and cover have been decided, and it's going to be a lot different that how it's been so far! So be ready for it! The title and cover will be revealed at the end of the chapter! So I hope you enjoy this chapter and thank you for reading it so far!**

{YOUR POV}

I walked through the halls, guards holding my arms while pointing their guns at me. I look over my shoulder, gazing at my brother who was following close behind us. Ava by his side, her face showing no emotion. I passed doors, some with glass windows on them, some without. I knew this hall, having have lived in it before leaving for the maze. I scoff under my breath, rolling my eyes as I pass my old room.

"Ava, can I have one request before I'm sent up again?" I asked looking straight ahead with my chin raised up.

I heard her sigh behind me before the guards came to a stop. Her heels clack against the ground as she walks around in front of me. 

"I'll see what I can do, what were you wanting?" Her gaze burned into mine.

"Let me see them. One last time before I forget about them again. You can have at least that much compassion to let a mother see the father of her child and her child again, right?" I challenged her.

She pauses for a moment before sighing and turning on her heel. I feel anger bubbling in my guts and I glare at her as she walks away. The guards jolt me forward, making me walk again as Thomas gently grabs my hand. I glance back at him when I feel something being slipped into my hand, but he just gives me a small smile, squeezing my hand. I nod slightly back at him and squeeze his hand back before his hand slips out of mine again.

I notice the door being opened and I see the familiar chair in the center of the room. The guards drag me in as Ava walks to another door, to where she would be watching me. I don't struggle as the guards push me into the chair, strapping my arms in quickly. Thomas glances at me as he picks up the needle that laid on the table. The guards walk away after tying me down, the door opens again.

Ava walks into the room, holding a large tablet and I watch as she approaches me.  She looks down at me with a smile, turning it to face me. I look at it and a breath of air gets stuck in my throat. 

Newt, Emmy. 

They were in the deadheads, looking down at a grave. But it wasn't George's grave. 

It was mine.

Emmy was silently covering it with flowers, as Newt was helping her. They didn't say a word, just worked in silence. 

Ava pulled the tablet away, looking down at me again. "Any other last request?" She asks.

I look up at her, before glancing down at my lap.

"My locket, can you give her my locket?" I ask.

Ava raised an eyebrow, before nodding her head slowly. I narrow my eyes at her. "The locket that you bastards took from me when I first came here. Don't tell me you lost it."

She glares down at me, before turning away and walking back into the room. "Do it, Thomas."

The door shuts and Thomas approaches me, looking me in the eyes before glancing down at my arm and the needle.

"Don't you feel horrible, doing this to your friends? Your family?" I hiss at him.

He glances at me, carefully grabbing my arm.

"You'll pass out the moment I would inject you. Then they would carry you to the elevator, and place you in it. Can you do it?" He whispers to me. 

I subtlety nod my head before looking away from him. He pretends to inject me, squeezing the injection out against my arm. I slowly begin to close my eyes, pretending to fall asleep, and trying to calm my racing heart.

[NEWT POV]

Emmy hadn't left my side once today, not that I minded. We made her grave, while Emmy covered it with flowers silently. I didn't know what was going on inside her head, and it worried me. But I didn't know what to say to her.

As the night grew closer, and the doors closed again, Emmy flinched at the sound. Her first reaction to anything this past day. Every Glader was worried about her when they had noticed her small jump. She hadn't done that before when they had closed. And she hadn't spoken to anyone, not even to me.

Only nodding or shaking her head. 

But I didn't want to push her. 

She needs time, and so do I.

"Newt, you should move in-"

"I'm not taking her place Alby. That's her place, I won't-"

"Newt." He interrupted me, causing me to pause and look up at him from my hammock. "She would want you to take it, especially for Emmy. She isn't used to sleeping out here, so go and sleep in there. If not for you and your leg, then for Emmy." 

I gaze at him for a moment before nodding my head in defeat. I turn towards Emmy who was sleeping on my chest, curled up tightly in the blanket. Swinging my legs out of the hammock, I slowly stand up cradling her in my arms. Walking over to the place where she had slept, I hesitantly open the door. Emmy sturs slightly from the noise before calmly falling asleep again. 

Her room was left untouched, and no one watched to go near it. 

Closing the door behind me, I walk over to her bed, sitting down before laying Emmy down. I slowly take off her shoes, before reaching down and taking off mine. Cringing at the aching I felt from my ankle, I throw my shoe down. With a sigh, I lay down pulling the covers around Emmy, and gently place a kiss against her forehead.

"Goodnight Emmy," I whisper before my eyes drift shut.

|THIRD POV|

Thomas watches as his sister is carried to the elevator, his lips pulled into a frown as she was placed into the water at the bottom of the elevator. He felt powerless as they slowly shut the gate,  locking her into the elevator that would bring her to Maze B. Where she was supposed to go at the beginning of this whole screwed-up test. He glances over his shoulder, to where Ava was standing, watching. He looked back at YN, his fists clenched tightly.

He could only hope that she would make it out of the maze, and soon. He turned his back as the cranking of the elevator began to fill the air, heading towards the room that was filled with every piece of data they had.

His only thoughts were of how to end WICKED.

His fingers brushed against the USB stick in his pocket.

And this was the key to the beginning of the fall of WICKED.

** Title:  A15 The Innocent

Cover:

Thank you for reading!**