𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 12: 𝐹𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑐ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑠

Maybe everything will be ok after all...

Eli looked into my eyes as his hand softly ran down my cheek. "So what do you say? Wanna go out sometime?" He asked me. "Yeah! H-How's tomorrow after practice?" I asked him, stuttering a little. "Perfect." He said softly to me, before we heard someone call something out again.

"Get a room!" Sensei yelled to us, making all the other students laugh. The butterflies were still going crazy in my stomach. "I'll see you then." Eli said, looking down at me as he winked and walked away.

✯¸.•'*¨'*•♡︎ ♡︎•*'¨*'•.¸✯

It was the next day, and everyone was at the dojo. We were all in our fighting positions as Sensei walked around to make sure everyone was standing right.

Me and Eli were in our usual places, when Sensei walked between us. All the sudden, Sensei kicked Eli's front foot forward, causing Eli to let out a grunt. "Stabilize your base, Hawk!" Sensei yelled. I tried my hardest not to laugh at Eli, because Sensei would probably make me clean mats if he caught me laughing. "Keep your balance. Full rotation when you strike." Sensei said once more.

"Yes Sensei!" Eli yelled before doing a jab punch. Eli saw me trying to contain my laughter, and smirked at me. I quickly looked away. I could feel my cheeks heating up again. I cant get over the charming Eli smile. Seriously, it could win awards.

A yell from Sensei snapped me out of my thoughts. "Holy shit. We've got a room full of flinchers!" He said. To which, everyone yelled back "Yes Sensei!" Miguel, Aisha, and I looked at each other in confusion. "That was not a question!" Sensei yelled back.

"Raise your hand if you've never been punched in the face." Johnny asked the class. Everyone but Me, Aisha, and Miguel raised their hands. "Put your hands down." Sensei yelled quickly. "All your lives, you've been avoiding fights... so you don't break your nose or lose a tooth... and this concussion nonsense. So, there's only one solution, and that is before you leave this dojo, each and every one of you is gonna take a punch, very hard, to the face." He yelled to the class.

I noticed Eli gulp and fidget a little where he was standing. Everyone looked nervous for how this was gonna play out. "Miss Robinson! Miss y/l/n! Line 'em up. Un-flinch this group." Sensei said to Aisha and I as he started to walk away. "Yes Sensei." Me and Aisha said in unison, as we looked at each other with worried faces.

Aisha and I turned around to see kids starting to form lines in front of us. I saw Eli get in the back of my line. I could tell he was nervous, but he was trying to cover it. Miguel walked into Sensei's office.

Small little Bert was the first person in my line. I looked down at him with an apologetic look on my face. "I'm sorry about this, Bert..." I said. He let out a sigh. I punched him, and he let out a groan of pain. "A-Are you ok, Bert?!" I asked, worried.
We heard Sensei yell "Strike hard!" from his office. "Yeah, I'm alright." Bert said quietly, holding his nose as he walked to the side.

I made it all the way through the line. Now it was Eli's turn. "Eli, no. Go to Aisha's line. I cant punch you." I said, pointing to Aisha. "Come on y/n! Just do it! I'd rather you than her." He said, pointing to Aisha. My jaw dropped dramatically. "What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying I'm weak?" I asked, walking closer to him. "Maybe..." he said, with a playful smirk on his face.

"Oh, you're gonna pay for that one..." I said, warming up my fist for the punch. Then, I punched him square in the face. Not that hard, but pretty hard. He fell to the ground. "Oh my god! Eli! Are you alright?!" I yelled, kneeling down to him to make sure he was ok.

He was quiet for a second, before he let out a small sentence. "That was hot..." he said, smirking up at me. I stood back up quickly. "Oh my god! You're crazy!" I said to him. "Only for you, hot stuff." He said, winking at me as he stood to his feet.