chapter seven

The room almost felt like it was spinning for the two teenagers who were once again left alone in the room. "Honestly, I dont really feel anything." Steve commented. "Do you?"

"I mean, I... I feel fine." Susie responded. "I feel normal." She added. 

"Yeah, I feel— I feel fine." Steve agreed. "I kinda feel good."

They both chuckled. "Wanna know a secret?" Susie laughed. 

"What?" Steve asked. 

"I like it, too!" She admitted. It was almost as if they were drunk.

They continued to laugh. "Morons. They messed up the drug." Steve slurred. 

"They messed it up!" Susie snickered. "Morons. Hey, Morons!"

"Morons!" Steve joined in. 

"Morons! Morons!" Susie leaned her head back on Steve's shoulder. "Oh, no. There's definitely something wrong with us." She realized.

"Something's wrong." Steve repeated. The guard and the doctor returned. Susie's eyes widened at the man. Once again, he stepped in front of Steve while the doctor pulled out a few sharp tools.

"Would now be a good time to tell you that I don't like doctors?" Susie commented. They ignored her. 

"Let's try this again, yes?" The guard smiled intimidatingly. Steve nodded. 

"Who do you work for?"

"Scoops." Steve chuckled. Susie laughed along with him. 

"Scoops Ahoy." He added. Susie giggled. 

"How did you find us?" The guard interrogated further.

"Totally by accident." Steve continued on in uncontrollable laughter. The guard turned to the doctor, muttering something to him.

The man in the lab coat took out one of his tools. "What is that shiny little toy?" Steve wondered. 

"Where you going with that, doc?" Susie wondered.

The doctor stepped in front of Steve and grabbed his hand. "Whoa, whoa, hey, hey. Wait! No! Wait! Wait!" Steve jumped back.

Susie gasped. "There was a code! There was a code! We heard a code!" She shouted in order to save him. The doctor paused. "Code?" Repeated the guard. "What code?"

"The week is long. The silver cat feeds when blue meets yellow in the west." Susie recited. "Blah, blah, blah."

The guard furrowed his eyebrows. 

"You broadcast that stupid spy shit all over town,  and we picked it up on our Cerebro, and we cracked it in a day." Susie laughed. "A day!"

"You think you're so smart, but a couple of kids who scoop ice cream for a living cracked your code in a day, and now, people know you're here." She grinned.

"Who knows we are here?!" The guard shouted. 

"Uh, well, Dustin knows." Steve spoke. 

"Hey, Steve." Susie warned.

 "Yeah, Dustin Henderson, he knows." Steve continued.

"Steve!" Susie groaned. 

"Dustin Henderson." The guard repeated. "Is it your small, curly-haired friend?"

"Oh, curly-haired. Great hair. Small. Kind of like a 'fro. Yeah." Steve attested. 

"Where is he?" The guard questioned.

"Oh, he's long gone, you big asshole." The boy laughed. 

"And he's probably calling Hopper, and Hopper's calling the US cavalry. They're gonna come in here commando-style, guns a-blazin' and kick your sorry assess back to Russia." Steve threatened. "You're gonna be two pieces of toast."