|11| The Lone Cigarette

A/N: Hello my coochie killers! Kisses for all of my babies. I just had to stop by and say y'all had me dying last chapter. To answer your questions, I am okay and no, I do not need help. I'm just *cue British accent* mentally ill, Luv. Soy Loca #girlboss

I am a menace to society and the Wattpad gods.

Also as a Christian, I have to say I almost died laughing when someone said they were gonna contact my pastor about me. Please don't, Lord I repent and I'm sorry for all the steamy shit and torture I put online. Can I get an Amen?

Anyways thank you so much for all the amazing support on all my books and the hilarious comments. I look forward to them every chapter.

Love you lots, Mama Himmy.

P.S. Drink some water baby.

"Few sons are like their fathers--most are worse, few better

"Few sons are like their fathers--most are worse, few better."

Odyssey by Homer

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The wings of a bird flutter in the distance when I wake, a dense and formidable forest lying in front of me.

There is a shift in the air, the high sound of a crow's call before the wind ushers it away. The trees holding secrets within their leaves. The surroundings are strange and clouded, I am no longer in the room but somewhere out in the open. I look next to me and see the long grass that I am sitting on. No room, no woman, and far from Eden.

This deep green field is covered with dandelions, the weeds waving back at me as the wind rushes over. A sick welcome back to the dark castle. Behind me, a hulking ivory mansion lies in the quiet day. I recognize it immediately and my heart is caught in my throat. Terror building as I realize I am back where it all started, the place I escaped so long ago.

Olympus.

The windows are barred and aged, I always thought the shape of the house with its giant windows and heavy arches looked like a face. Dark eyes watching me even from the garden, ready to notify the gods if anyone dared to leave.

I spent most of my life here and never once felt safe. I was always resting in the monster's mouth, waiting for the moment it would decide to swallow me whole. There was no peace here, only anarchy and I feel a chill run down my spine when I look upon one of the windows. Where his room was, his evil still lurking in every corner and even years later, it still fills me with dread.

Olympus has stood on this ground for decades, a home to the wicked and lost. Tall iron gates surround us, the building is the only house on this isolated hill. The location was never known to anyone but those who lived there. It is where I spent most of my life but also where I lost it. There are stories in the walls of Olympus that I try every night to forget.