38

Alice Avery

We hadn't slept a wink. The two of us laid in bed savouring each other's company, Ricky's fingers running through my hair. The sun flooded the room through the sheer curtains, the low sound of cars driving on the road.

"What if we didn't go back?" I spoke aloud without even thinking. Ricky stopped his movements and I lifted myself from his chest.

"What do you mean?"

"Las Vegas. What if we didn't go back? We could start over somewhere new, you and me." I went along with the dream in my head.

From what I could observe, Ricky didn't hate the idea but there was something that was clearly holding him back from agreeing. I couldn't put my finger on it.

"What about your family? Theo, Razzle, Mandy? There's so much we'd both leave behind."

"You're right, I'm just being silly." I quickly dropped the subject.

After my encounter with Vince, I felt like I needed to run again. It was cowardly, I had no reason to fear him. I'd be the one to make him run.

"What do you wanna do today?" Ricky chimed in and stood to his feet.

"Anything." I answered. "As long as it involves food, I'm starving."

We hadn't at all prepared for this little getaway, was a spur of the moment type thing.

"Alright," he laughed. "There's gotta be some place around here that serves breakfast."

"If we go to another diner I'll feel like I'm cheating on Donna."

"We'll go visit her when we get back, sound good?"

I nodded and he walked over to me, cupping my face in his hands. He quickly turned serious, talking in a low tone. "One day we'll run, we'll leave it all behind. We just can't go yet, okay?"

I looked to the floor, "I know."

It was selfish of me to want to leave. I had to stop thinking that I was living my life alone, I had finally got a family of my own and I couldn't  jeopardize that.

My phone chimed before I could say anything else, I picked it up from the coffee table.

Theo Cutler
He left last night. You don't need to tell me where you are but just let me know that you're safe. You can come home now.

I looked to Ricky. "Vince left last night, we can go back if you'd like?"

"Do you want to go back?"

"I should."

"Do you want to?"

No. "Yes."

Ricky's phone began ringing and once he glimpsed at it he threw me my keys. "Start the car, I'll be out in a second."

I grew suspicious, he wanted me out of the room, why? I ignored my worry and walked out. I could trust him, right?

Ricky Noir

I accepted the call as soon as I heard the motel door click shut.

"What do you want?" I seethed once I put the phone to my ear.

"I'm good, how are you?" He spoke sarcastically.

"Trent, get to the point I don't have much patience right now."

"Well neither does your boss." Trent told me in an aggravating tone.

"What are you talking about?" I paced around the room.

"He was only in town for a few days and you missed everything, he's fucking pissed at you."

I let out a frustrated sigh and pinched the bridge of my nose. "When will he be back?"

"He didn't say, why do you wanna know? So you can run Alice out of town again?"

"Trent," I warned deeply. "Don't fucking bring her into this, alright?"

"You need to tell her, if you don't I will."

"Don't threaten me with that bullshit, she'll never believe you anyways." I was trying to convince myself more than him.

"You aren't doing yourself or her any favours. Do you have any idea what's gonna happen when this all gets out?"

"It won't get out." Again, trying to convince myself that my words were true.

"It will and you know it."

Silence grew over the line.

"She'll never want to see me again if she finds out."

He scoffed, "you thing that's the worse thing that could happen to you?"

"Yes."

"You should've never gotten involved with her."

"I know, I couldn't help it." I admitted.

"You screwed yourself over, it's impossible for this to work out in your favour."

"It has to, I love her".

"For fucks sake Ricky, pick a side."

"I can't. We both know the oath, only way out is death."

"Then leave Alice."

"I can't do that." I spoke each word slowly.

"You can't win."

"I can."

"What do you think will happen to you when he finds out you're in love with his daughter?"

A/N
Hey besties

The next few chapters, including this one, are very important. I would advise you not to skip over any parts.