chapter 50 ~ touch

mature language

Georges pov=

I spend 5 hours sitting in a secluded hospital waiting room doing absolutely nothing.

Theres nothing around to distract me, so instead im left with my thoughts.

If its taking this long, then it cant be good, right?

Or maybe that means its a good thing, maybe it means theyve got everything under control.

Trolleys and nurses wander past every once in a while, but none of them give me a second thought. They all look busy, like theyve got places to be.

Im not sure what floor im on, but im pretty sure its high up. The hallways up here are quiet, and im beyond grateful for that. Its exactly what I need right now.

Id held him until the ambulance got to us, and even then it didnt feel right to leave his side.

I had to lie to the paramedics otherwise they wouldnt of let me ride along in ambulance, so they think that im Dreams brother.

The words felt weird leaving my mouth, and we really look nothing alike.

Nobody was any the wiser though, so I think im alright for now.

Its dark out, but I know itll be getting brighter soon. Wilbur and the others are gonna be worried if I dont call soon, but I cant bring myself to pick up the phone and ring.

I still feel as if this is all my fault, I still feel guilty for what's happened.

Theres all sorts of small noises that flight up and down the halls, but I grow used to them after about my second hour.

They seem to die down as the night drags on though.

"Hi! George, isnt it?"

I look up to see a younger males face smiling down at me from the waiting room door. He looks welcoming, and friendly.

"Yeah, it is" I respond, trying to give him a small smile in return.

"Lovely, and youre here with Clay, if im correct?"

I stare at him confusedly, about to correct him. But then I remember that hes actually right.

"Yeah, I am" I nod, "how is he?"

"He got out of surgery around an hour ago" he reads to me, "but we do want to keep him here just a little longer until he wakes up so we can make sure that hes going to be okay"

"So hes alright? Hes going to be fine?"

"As of right now, hes looking perfect" the man smiles, looking up from his noteboard.

I let out a long held breath, feeling reassurance wash over me.

"Can I see him?" I ask, getting ready to stand.

"Hes still asleep, but if you still want to-?" he says, standing up straight from leaning on the doorframe.

"Yeah, yeah I do" I rush, standing up and following the man down the long beige hallway.

He brings us both to an elevator, and we raise another 3 floors.

Up here is even more peaceful then where id been. Its alot more open too, with more windows and people.

The man nods and mumbles small hello's to other doctors and nurses that walk by, even stopping to chat to some of them. It gives me time to look around, to take everything in.

Room 35, Occupied

The nice man opens the door, beckoning for me to go inside.

"Just be gentle, the meds will have him tired after he wakes up" he notes, "if you need us just slam down on the call button beside his bed"