ch.5

chapter five - a game

0:35 ━❍──────── -3:18
↻ ⊲ Ⅱ ⊳ ↺
VOLUME: ▁▂▃▄▅▆▇ 100%

"Okay, sweetheart, that's enough cat fights for today," Donghyuck's hands grasped at Aeri's shoulders— pulling her away perhaps too hard as her back met his chest.

In attempts to relax the tense atmosphere of the group, Jaemin spoke up. "So, where are we eating tonight?" He asked aloud, averting everyone's eyes from the raven haired to him. He clapped his hands enthusiastically, stepping in front of her— which she was grateful for.

"You still okay to go out tonight?" Aeri turned on the heels of her shoes.

Her slender fingers ran through the tussled locks atop her head, hoping to relieve a bit of the ache that had lingered, and fortunately it worked.

"Yeah, I'm not gonna let the chihuahua ruin my fun," A small smile etched itself on her lower facial features, causing Donghyuck to mirror her grin.

"Atta girl," He cheered, patting her cheek in a friendly manner as he continued to praise the newly found attitude. "Who gives a shit about them, huh?"

Aeri nodded her head in agreement. Despite the shitty lighting of the basement, the youthful look in her honey orbs continued to glimmer beautifully. Donghyuck smiled wider at this, a sense of accomplishment washed over his entire being— satisfied that he could easily calm her down and change her mood to something better. "Fuck them, am i right? You got me, Jae, and the other guys too, excluding Jisung of course, but we all hate her,"

"Glad to know I'm not alone," She giggled softly, her delicate laughter sounded so gentle to the male's ears— contrasting the rowdy group of boys behind her. They yelled— arguing over which restaurant would be the best choice for dinner after their first rehearsal together as an official band— Chenle seemed to be very passionate of the topic.

"All i'm saying is that it's a tradition to eat at
a shitty convenience store after practice!"

"Out of all the places, it has to be that garbage?" Jeno scoffed. His entire face was scrunched up in disgust— not having the slightest clue to the importance of going there.

"How about we just load into our cars and just decided spontaneously as we drive?" Mark suggested over their bickering, making both boys stop. They momentarily stared at one another— holding a competitive and challenging eye contact, but as a few seconds passed their glares shifted off one another. They turned to the oldest and nodded.

"Mark obviously doesn't wanna go to a shit hole, so I got nothing to worry about," Jeno taunted pettily, beginning to walk up the staircase to the door.

Chenle quickly ran to catch up with him— him too being not done with the argument. "As if your place is any better!"

Jaemin glanced over his shoulder, seeing Donghyuck start to advance towards the exit, leaving a lingering Aeri in her place. "You coming, Ae?"

"Yeah, I'll catch up once I pack up my guitar and pick," She answered, a tight lip smile on her lips.

The Na's brows furrowed together in concern, "I don't wanna leave you alone with, erm, them. I can wait?" Though he tried to convince her to allow him to accompany her, she didn't want him to wait up for her. He's already done so much.

She waved her hand, dismissing him. "I'm gonna be fine," She reassured him the best she could, but he still didn't look convinced. "I'll be quick, promise,"

Knowing that she wouldn't change her mind any time soon, and that he was only delaying her, Jaemin finally folded— giving into defeat. "Alright, alright, you better not take too long. I wanna sit by you in the car and far away from Jeno and Chenle right now,"

Hearing the small joke, she chuckled under her breath as she nodded. "Yeah, I know. I wouldn't either. Now quit stalling me, I gotta pack up lady," Aeri nodded her head in the direction of her guitar, referring to it by its original name.

"I can't believe you named your instrument," He scoffed playfully, beginning to advance towards the exit.

Aeri rolled her eyes at his words. "You're a hater because Lady sounds better than you," She chimed, turning around and walking towards the case and guitar.

Nearly all of them had left, leaving Jisung, Haneul and Aeri alone— Jisung just grabbing his things and Aeri casing her instrument. In the moment, they hadn't really thought how bad it was, but as the others were settled leant against their cars, collective cusses were mumbled under their breathes.

However, much to their later surprise, Aeri didn't mind the couple as she zipped up the black bag. She then picked it up and leant it against the wall for the next day for rehearsal.

As she stood to her feet, and turned towards the exit, her eyes came in contact with Jisung's. They stared at one another silently— him looking over his girlfriend's shoulder, who faced him, to her. His face was blank for a moment, but as if an idea came up in his head, a smug smirk grew onto his lips.

Quickly his large hands grabbed the back of Haneul's neck in a gentle yet firm grip. And as he maintained eye contact with Aeri, he dipped down to the girl's height and captured her lips with his. He molded their mouths together, just as he used to do with her. Haneul gripped at the frabric of his shirt, balling her fists with the cloth weaving through her fingers.

She went further to deepen the kiss, but Jisung had other plans. He moved his now swollen red lips to the corner of her mouth, then trailing down— making a line of open-mouthed kisses at her chin to her upper chest area.

And all while he sensually, nibbled at his girlfriend, he stared at Aeri through the lashes of his hooded eyes. It was as if he was teasing her— pushing her to the edge to see how far he could go before the woman would explode as he obviously enjoyed every second of it.

At first, Aeri stood still, allowing her orbs to pool into his devious ones. She watched as they made out a few feet away, images of their golden time together flashing right in front of her. Instead of seeing Jisung kiss Haneul, she saw him kissing herself.

It was the end of band rehearsal, and he had just performed one of the songs he had just written. It was a love piece.

[ refer to video above :: skip to 0:53 ] "Maybe I just wanna be yours, I wanna be yours, wanna be yours,"

She reminisced in the way he sang it ever so passionately— voice filled with such depth of emotions that Aeri felt as if she was basking in the idea of being loved by him. It felt warm and light like sunbathing in the summer rays after talking to a loved one— finally being able to piece your thoughts into words, or taking a refreshing dip in the blow up pool— your laughter ringing in the air from how small it was. But nonetheless, it felt like how you'd feel when watching two main characters finally get the soft epilogue they deserved after a long journey of fighting for the other. It was invigorating and satisfactory. But as if the bone was popped back into place— the memory faded— the pale walls of the basement came back into her view with the couple, replacing the warmth in her chest with ice.

Aeri shook her head— breaking the intense eye contact. As she stormed passed them, ignoring the sudden urge for what life had been before, she stared straight ahead, not daring to spare a glance in his direction.