A Day's Work

Working at Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes was a lot harder than Cassandra had imagined.

Maybe it was because she was lacking in the work experience department. Maybe it was because she had only been there for two days.

But it was hard.

On her first day Fred had given her a tour and showed her how to stock the shelves, organize and collect items from the storage room, arrange display cases, and work the register. She was secretly hoping George would train her.

The next day was of course one of their busiest, resulting in both brothers barking orders to Cassandra left and right. She had very little time to relax or rest and her feet were killing her. No more heels for work.

Today, she was hoping, would be slower. Cassandra was also hoping to see more of George--well more like talk to him. In the past two days she had seen plenty of him, but their only banter was him giving her directions. Not that she hated it.

As Cassandra was restocking the chocolate frogs she saw a flash of red hair in her side eye, the redhead racing down the stairs and towards the door.

The Weasley had the smuggest grin on his face as she watched him sprint, throwing the door open and smothering the woman on the other side with a kiss.

Cassandra felt her chest collapse, she couldn't peel her eyes away as he wrapped her in his embrace.

That was Fred, that had to be Fred right?

She swallowed down the lump in her throat when his voice rang out behind her, "Quite obnoxious don't you think?" George chuckled.

Cassandra sighed, trying not to look so relieved. "Definitely not used to that," she retorted.

The pair had finally finished snogging, Fred's lips red and swollen. "Angelina, this is Cassandra. She started working for us a few days ago," he said, wiping his mouth with his thumb. The woman named Angelina shook her hand and Cassandra was taken aback with her beauty. Angelina had dark skin, matching the color of her hair, and plush full lips. Angelina said hello to Cassandra, her perfect white teeth flashing her a smile.

Cassandra suddenly became shy and unsure what to say and George placed his hand on her shoulder, leaning over to tell Angelina, "She isn't very talkative but we are working on it!"

After a brief discussion between the group, the couple headed to the loft upstairs (or what Cassandra believed to be the loft as the boys were always popping in and out of there), Fred teasing Angelina along the way.

Cassandra couldn't help but feel jealously coursing through her, not that she envied either of them, she envied what they had.

"Well he will be no help today," George rolled his eyes, annoyed with his big brother.

Perfect. Now's your chance Cassandra. "I'm sure we can get the shop ready together!"

George seemed taken by surprise, he hadn't heard her so enthusiastic, more like hadn't heard her speak that much at all. George grinned, wrapping his arm around her shoulder, dwarfing her with his size.

"Let's get to it then!" He declared, his mood energetic. 

Her heart fluttered at his touch once again.

_________

They spent the rest of the morning in light chatter unpacking new products and merchandise.

"So you went to Hogwarts right?"