Security Cameras

Ace's POV

Ace's POV

Sitting on my office chair, I lean back and let out a breath of air. It's been a long day of endless meetings, email replying, and working on new projects. I haven't had the chance to see Alex all day since we were so busy here at the office.

Tonight is the opening night of my exhibition at The Met. This past week has gone by so fast but it's really been a different week to say the least. A good type of different. Being with Alex, and knowing there were no more lies between us, no guilt or problems, was amazing. She was amazing. For the first time in a very long time, I finally felt pure happiness and love, a purpose in life, to love and care for the only person who truly mattered. The only person I love and truly care about....

I hear a knock on my door and I sit up, telling them to come in.

I look up and I'm met with the most beautiful light brown-hazel eyes that I could never get enough of, smiling back at me.

"Hey you, I haven't seen you all day" she says in her dulcet voice walking towards me and laying a file on my desk

As she starts talking and explaining the file she placed on my desk, I zone out and can't help but look at her. She was wearing an all white dress pant and matching blazer with her hair up in a bun. Bending close to me, her face was inches away from mine, moving my eyes away from her outfit and up to her lips.

"So what do you think about the plan?" she asks and then turns facing me when I don't answer

"Ace?!" she calls out again and starts snapping her fingers at me

"are you not listening?" she asks a bit annoyed

"uh-ya, okay the files..." I agree and nod my head acting as if I was listening this whole time

She smacks my arm playfully

"Listen to meeeee" she groans putting her head down

I pull her down onto my lap, placing my hands on her waist as she wraps her arms around my neck with a smile

"Ace I'm serious we have to look through these files before end of day" she tries to say in a serious tone

"You make a good business woman, a hot one too" I say, leaning back in my chair

"Well it wasn't my first career choice" she says rolling her eyes and turning on my lap towards the desk, looking down at the files and re-reading them. She hands over a few documents to approve but I don't bother taking a look at them, as I start to leave small kisses down her neck.

She throws her head back but then gains composure and pushes my hands off her. Giving me an angry look

"Look over the files" she says turning to face me

I honestly couldn't even care less about work anymore. Alexandra was the only thing I cared about.

"No" I simply answer