[1] - 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘴

TEARS ROLLED DOWN his face as he read the last words of the letter. Y/N looked out the window of their hotel room in Edinburgh, leaning his arm against the glass.

Wanda stood up from the bed and went over to him, putting her hands on his shoulders and stroking the top of it. She had an idea of what the letter was about, and didn't need to ask before Y/N summed it up.

"She's gone. Two nights ago she..."

Y/N's grandmother passed away. She was the only blood-related family he had left, and now she was gone.

Throughout the last two years on the run he would occasionally visit her in Chicago, flying over there and using his invisibility to not be seen. The only people who would see him were his grandmother and her caretaker, the latter is who sent him the letter.

His grandmother didn't really understand the situation he was in. She didn't get the Accords and why it affected his life so much. Y/N always told her that they would figure it out so he can be able to freely see her again. She would also ask how Wanda was and wanted to know if he was still happy with her. Y/N was always glad to say he was.

Wanda kept rubbing his shoulders, "I'm so sorry, moja láska (my love)."

Y/N looked down. The witch lifted his head back up and wiped away the tears on his cheek with her thumb.

"She knew you were still there for her. She never felt alone. And she's happy that you're still okay."

He gave a shade of a smile. He was still dispirited, but appreciated the words Wanda gave him. He ran his fingers along her hair.

"She'd be happy that we're both okay. She cared about you too, Wanda. You are family."

He looked into her eyes for a moment then leaned in to kiss her. The past two years could've been worse, but they were bearable because he had her alongside him.

"We should get some sleep. Come on." Wanda said.

Y/N gave a simple nod, and Wanda started walking over to the bed nearby. He still held the letter, and went over to the dresser to put it away. He opened one of the drawers, and saw the box he kept his things in. He opened it and put down the letter, but saw another piece of paper that he recognized.

He picked it up and unfolded it, looking at the deed for a property in Westview, New Jersey.

Y/N went out of his way to try and look for a place to spend the rest of his life with Wanda in. He wanted to settle down instead of checking into hotels every other week while on the run. Vision helped, and found a place in New Jersey that was both nice and pretty isolated.

Having Vision as a close friend was a blessing. He'd always visit and spend time with the two of them throughout their two years away from the United States. Y/N offered him a place with him and Wanda in Westview, which was the least he can do since Vision was the one who acquired the place.

Vision said he'd think about it, him not being sure what Tony and everybody else would think. He did mention that he can permanently shut off his transponder though.

Y/N kept looking at the deed, seeing both Wanda and his name on it. He even wrote in the middle of it and drew a heart over the text.

To grow old in.

Y/N smiled, he planned on one day surprising Wanda with it. Then maybe...propose to her in some way.

"Y/N?" Wanda called out from the bed.

He snapped out of his thoughts, folding the paper and placing it back in his box. He closed the drawer and turned around.

"Sorry...just got lost in my thoughts." He replied.