182

A beautiful woman was dressed in red, her full and curvy body was hugged by the dress she wore. The woman was truly a beauty. With red plump lips and sharp eyes, her hair was as black as the night. Her eyes were brown, shining brightly as she looked up. Her skin was not overly pale, but her red lips made her skin appear even paler. With a whip dangling by her side, she cupped her fist.

"Sect Leader, Hong Meiwan is here." Hong Meiwan greeted, standing outside of the doors, waiting for her to be allowed inside.

From inside, a deep voice said, "Come in."

Hong Meiwan didn't hesitate as she pulled the doors open, gently closing it as she walked in. She walked with light steps, navigating the hall and stepping forward where the steps began. There, a large seat was prepared, a throne along with a desk.

The man was as cold as ever, as menacing and evil as before. With a crown in his hair, the man's long fingers held a cup of wine in his hand. His red eyes were bright, deep and unfathomable. With high cheek bones and sword brows, the man was easily handsome. Yet, he was also fearful, the thick sin around him was heavy.

Hong Meiwan stopped before the man, "Master, I have looked around the peak like what you said. Immortal Zhu is now awake, healthy and alive. Immortal Fei is also well, seeming to have mend his relationship with Immortal Zhu. At the moment, Lord of Suzhou is with Fei Shang. I have not gotten any lead about the mastermind behind the death of Immortal Fei, but it seems that Master Wei has also been helping with the account of everything in the past."

The man with red eyes twirled the cup in his hand.

Su Baicheng pulled back his lips, merely asking, "Where is XueLu?"

At this, Hong Meiwan replied at once, "Jiang Yilang has returned after dealing with the four major sects so Master Wei is talking with him at the moment." Her voice was low and respectful towards Su Baicheng.

Hearing this, Su Baicheng's eyes darkened, his tongue running over his teeth as he downed the cup of wine. Throwing the cup back, a clanging sound echoed as it hit the table. Su Baicheng moved, his sleeves flapping.

Hong Meiwan waited to see what Su Baicheng was going to do.

Su Baicheng's eyes narrowed, thinking hard. Yet, his mind couldn't think properly. It was happening again. As he looked around, he could only see red in his eyes, only blood appeared, dead bodies, corpses, that was all. The wine wasn't helping. He massaged his head, closing his eyes.

"Master?" Hong Meiwan easily noticed what was happening. She was aware of it. "I will call for Master Wei." Without another word, she crossed her fingers, her body disappearing.

Su Baicheng didn't say anything to prevent her. If he didn't come soon, there was going to be a bloodbath. He gasped, his face growing colder as a dark energy escaped from his body. It swirled around him, as if it wanted to engulf him whole in that moment. Again, it attacked whenever he was gone.

Su Baicheng was growing agitated. From what, he knew well. The scenes continued to replay in his head, the death of his parents, his betrayal, his death, everything reminded him of revenge. His eyes grew even more red, his skin with sweat pooling on his forehead. He clenched his fist tightly, nails digging into his skin as blood spilled.

He slammed his hand on the table, slamming down upon the cup as it cracked, piercing his skin. With the pain, his mind cleared, yet, the dark energy still fought against him.

"Baicheng!" Wei XueLu appeared, the blue light fading from his body. With a sword by his side, he ran over, dressed in a dark navy robe. The man's eyes held shock within them as he ran over to Su Baicheng.  Immediately, he grabbed the man and pulled him.