029. muggle studies

S O R R Y

 xxix||muggle studies

As March nears, Regulus worries more and more for Maria's safety, after all, its only a few months until his seventeenth birthday on June 25. The same week, he'll have to go with his parents and cousins to a meeting with the Dark Lord to get the serpent mark on his left forearm. The plain truth is Regulus is even more scared than he was about getting the mark before he and Maria spent time together. The more he thinks about it, he realises what — in the near future — he'll be doing to Maria. Intoxicating her pure heart with grief and despair, gnawing away at any happiness she will have left. And in his opinion, that's not fair.

Maria Potter has been thinking a lot about the summer holidays that are approaching in a few months, their father had promised the two Potter's and their friends special tickets to the World Cup that's being held in America, so she's looking forwards to that. She's also been wondering what strange ways her and Regulus will manage to come up with to keep in touch over the two months. Maybe they could go for a day in muggle London, or go swimming in a lake, or maybe they can find a nice place, perhaps a meadow or something and just sit there together for hours every day.

Maria approaches the Slytherin portrait and runs into a grinning Stanley Harper on the way, who lets her into the common room and directs her up the stairs to his and Regulus' dormitory where he said Regulus would be getting his bag ready.

She opens the door, already speaking as she does.

"Hey, Stan let me in are you—" Maria cuts herself off at the sight of shirtless Regulus Black putting a hoodie in his trunk carelessly and he looks up at her and smiles. "Ready?" She sighs, over the shock and Regulus smile contorts into a smirk.

"I don't know, Ria." Regulus shrugs, grabbing his shirt from the wardrobe handle and sliding his arms into it. Maria folds her arms with a huff as he walks over, his shirt on now but the buttons undone, revealing some of his torso and chest.

"We're gonna be late." Maria whispers, looking up at him and Regulus laughs slightly.

"We're always late."

"Well then, we need to improve our punctuality." Maria says, raising her eyebrows at the boy who's now only inches away from her. The brunette rolls her eyes and places her hands on the back on his neck, pulling his lips down to hers, feeling his smirk against her.

"Wow, I let you in and this is what you do." A voice says and they quickly pull apart, glaring over at a smug looking Stanley who suddenly takes a camera from behind his back and there's a flash.