046

miya.

"i thought you promised to never take it off?"

my mouth gaped open at the sight of a breathless taehyung. i was confused, why was he here? why did he say that? i looked at the man beside me who had a small but evident smile on his face that made me confused even more. 

taehyung took slow steps to get to where i was while i stood on my ground, "i remember everything," he started. "it's me, i'm still the same taehyung from the 18th century." i gasped and yoongi chuckled, "looks like my work here is done, you kids have fun now," he winked. before he could leave however, i called out to him, "why did you make me choose if you already knew?"

the man turned to face me, "humans normally make mistakes by choosing what they want from what is best. it was an illusion, to see if you truly knew what was the right choice and you passed," he explained and paused, "but the scenario of him being miserable without you was true, it was just weeks before you had disappeared and he was a mess."

i looked at taehyung who held a sorrowful look  before looking at yoongi again, "you jerk, that wasn't nice," yoongi smirked at my comment, "you can't always expect everything to be nice, life isn't a fairytale with a happy ending, sweetie. you have to really think about the decisions you make if you want one." 

with one last wave, he walked off and suddenly disappeared in thin air. i look back at taehyung who was already looking at me, "you remember everything?," i softly asked and he nodded, "yes, miya. i remember." hearing that, i began to tear up yet once more. taehyung came closer and wiped my tears with his thumb.

he then shows me the locket she threw earlier which made me feel guilty and avoid his eyes. i was so ready to give everything up that very moment. if i did, i just made a terrible mistake that would change my life forever. "you should thank jiji for finding me, she gave me the locket and that made me remember everything," he whispered. his hands cupped my face and made me look at him. he smiled, "can you turn around for me?"

without a word, i followed his command. he swiftly moved my hair to the side and i felt something on my neck. it was the locket again. "this feels familiar, no?," he chuckled and i giggled softly. once it was secured to my neck, i turned around. "promise me again you wont take it off?," i smiled widely with tears still rolling down my face, "i promise."

he raises his hand which his wrist held a bracelet that had a tiny key attached to it, "and this, will always be with me," he smiled, "it always has." taehyung tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, "i told you these would help us find each other again," he wipes my tears away and i held his hand while he did, "after all, love has its ways."

taehyung looks behind me, his eyes tinted with curiosity. "what did yoongi make you choose when you said you had to?," he asked. i bit my lip, "he made me choose between going back to the 18th century and to you or staying here and watch you be happy and fall in love with someone else," i said. taehyung nodded, "what did you chose?"

"i chose to stay here."

"why?"

"because here, i have family and friends that love me and would be devastated if i disappeared and," i gulped, "i guess your happiness mattered to me most, even if it isn't with me," i whispered. 

there was a moment of silence before taehyung decided to break it with a sigh. i looked up at him and saw him smiling while looking at his feet. his head twitched before looking at my eyes, "remember when i told you it wouldn't be the last time you'll hear me say it?," i grew confused and watched taehyung lean until our faces were inches apart, "i love you, miya," my eyes grew wide as i felt heat rush to my cheeks, "always have and always will."

taehyung chuckled, "i believe i owe you something."

"what?," i asked in a hushed tone.

"this," that's when he leaned in and i felt his lips on mine. no words can explain how i felt with the contact. i felt like i was on top of the world, my stomach felt like someone was having a party in it. it was intoxicating, but a type that i didn't want to stop. we broke the kiss and we were both panting. taehyung had a wide smile on his face, full of genuine happiness. it made me happy, i was happy. i stared at taehyung's eyes and he stared at mine, it was beautiful. i did not want to look at anything else.

we snapped out of it when i heard a high-pitched squeal. taehyung and i looked at the direction it was coming from and we saw a grinning jiwoo who screamed in delight, "MY FAVORITE SHIP IS SAILING I'VE BEEN WAITING SINCE FOREVER!!" 

behind her was my brother who had his mouth parted in shock after witnessing his sister and his bestfriend kissing. they both walked towards the both of them, making taehyung visibly freeze and seeing this made me freeze as well. this shouldn't be another jungkook incident. jiwoo goes on to tackle me to the ground, "BITCH I TOLD YOU SO! YOU GUYS ARE MEANT TO BE I CAN'T BELIEVE IT TOOK THIS LONG!"

"I'M SORRY OKAY? YOU WERE RIGHT," we giggled together. taehyung and jimin were staring at each other. taehyung was feeling embarrassed of kissing me-- his bestfriend's sister but at the same time, he didn't regret anything. "i can't believe i never knew anything," my brother started. taehyung laughed nervously, scratching his head, "i didn't either until n--"

taehyung closed his eyes when jimin raised his arm but felt nothing. he peeked and saw jimin giving him a weird look before he busted out laughing, "dude, i'm not going to hit you!," he continued laughing. after doing so, he put his hand on taehyung's shoulder, "i demand to hear an explanation about everything after this," he sternly said, making taehyung nod fast. jimin smiled as he looked at me then back to taehyung, "take care of my sister, tae. i trust you."

taehyung smiled at this, "you have my word."

▪▪▪

im so romantic why am i single? anyway, the last chapter will be posted tomorrow :( which will be the end of this book omg this has been fun :D

leave a vote, maybe? <333