Chapter 15

The three of us finally arrived at the house where two very anxious brothers were waiting. Ben refused to let me walk since he didn't want to risk opening the stitches again, even though Alex said walking wouldn't do anything and I'm 100% sure Ben knows that since he's a doctor/surgeon himself.

The three of us walked in and were immediately bombarded with both Elijah and Austin.

"What did he say?"

"How is she?"

"Is that blood I see?!"

"Why so quiet?"

"I can't believe the swings collapsed?"

"I need to sit down?"

"I'm getting too old!"

"I think I'm having a heart attack!"

The both of them shout one after the other. The questions didn't seem to be stopping anytime soon so I decided to close my eyes and try take a nap. Key work, try.

The second I felt sleepy, I was pulled away from Ben and into someone else's arms.

"My poor baby." I heard Austin mumble and he hugged me tightly.

"Austiinnnn." I whined. I really need a nap.

"Sorry honey. Nap time it is." He said as he carried me upstairs cradling me in his arms.

I was quite tired from everything that happened today. I couldn't wait to take a nap and dream. I love dreams so much. You can do whatever you want in them and you don't get into any trouble.

"You gave us quite the scare today." Austin said softly as he helped me change into a pair of pyjamas and tucked me in bed.

"It's not like I asked the swings to colpapse on me." I said with a yawn.

"It's collapse honey." He said with a laugh.

"Night night." I mumbled.

"Goodnight baby." He said as he tucked in Mr Bananas next to me and kissed my forehead before leaving my room.

It wasn't long till I fell asleep. The only thing that was really on my mind was careers week in 2 weeks. A week where we go to our parents or guardians jobs and see what it's like. Since I'm with Austin all the time anyway, I spend 2 days with Elijah and 3 days with Ben. It's usually a lot of fun. Sometimes Elijah let's me drive with him in his police car and we catch bad guys. That only happened once though. Ben shouted at him and said it wasn't 'safe'. Pft.

Ben's POV:

"I made a few phone calls, and I'm definitely suing the government. They're supposed to make sure nothing like this happens." I grumbled angrily as Austin came and sat down on the couch in front of me.

"I still can't believe the swing set just broke." Elijah said.

"Neither can I." Austin and Aiden said at the same time.

I let out a sigh before leaning back into the couch and closing my eyes. I feel like my hearts going to fall right out of my chest any second. I still need to move around a few surgeries because of careers week. I love spending time with the little monster at work. Everyone seems to love her too so I shouldn't have a problem. Every year my colleagues who are more like family, help with careers week. Every time Everly can't be with me because of a surgery or if a patient is too gruesome for a little kid, the one of the other surgeons take her for a while. Sometimes even Richard helps out too, the chief of surgery. 

I was soon snapped out of my thoughts with the ringing of the doorbell. Who could it possibly be?

Just as I was about to get up, Aiden beat me to it and answered the door.