𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐎𝐦𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐭
☔︎︎
𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞,𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

Zymeir listened to the news channel name different schools and districts that had been delayed or closed because of the snowstorm that hit late that night.

"And finally Everglades Elementary, that's all the schools we have for now, but we'll be sure to add to the list as more schools decide how to handle this snowstorm. I'm Emily Sands with the early new report. Let's head over to John with the weather news, John?"

Shaking his head he put his attention back to his phone that displayed a website listing the live school updates. He was waiting to see if Moes preschool would pop up but at this point he was just gonna let him stay home instead of going through the hassle of driving in the snow.

"I hope they let him out of school." He mumbled while walking towards his kitchen table. His mouth slightly gapped as he watched Moe take a bite of his pancake then rip a piece off and sit it on the table for Lucky to eat.

He did it again with his eggs, forking up a bite then picking up some with his fingers and dropping it on the table for the dog, who was sitting next to him in the chair like he was a human.

The dog knew better than to eat Moes food off of his plate so he patiently sat and waited for his human; Moriah to give him some.

Zymeir was glad that he wasn't allowing the dog to eat off the same bite as him and instead ripping it off but he had to interrupt "Moriah,"

"Huh?" His brown eyes flicked up to his dad then back to his food "My banana," he grabbed a piece of the pre cut banana and ate it "Lucky banana."

"No, pooh you can't do that."

Moe tilted his head "No banana?"

"You can have your banana but don't share your food with Lucky. He has his own food. Luck' get down," he told him while pointing to the ground.

With a huff the dog hopped off the seat and walked around the table and laid his head on Moes thigh.

"Don't give lucky any more breakfast okay?"

"Okay." Moriah complied.

Hoping that his child wouldn't share his meal with the dog anymore he walked back to the living room just to hear the News anchor announcing more schools.

"-Mary Elementary has canceled class, the whole Washington MacArthur township has canceled class, Lady of Liberty Junior High and High school are both running on two hour delays, and Sunflower Head Start Preschool has been closed for the day. Ah, what a cute name, Sunflower Head Start. Anyways that's all the schools we have for now, again we'll be back with more when they come in."

Standing up Zymeir sighed in relief, Moe went to Sunflower Head Start, meaning he was able to stay home today. Zymeir kicked off his Nike slides and started to walk to the kitchen to wash the dishes he'd dirtied while cooking Moriah's breakfast.

The sound of a ringing phone, made him turn right back around and grab it.

"Hello?" He spoke after answering the call.

"Holaa, Moriah have school? Chloe got cancel,"  Isidra spoke back to him full of energy. Her accent managed to come through phone as well.

"Nah, his preschool closed for the day too."

"Ah! Wonderful! I come over and make lunch?" She asked, full of hope.

"If you want to, you can. We'll probably be here for majority of the day."