Chapter Thirty-Three: Surprise

[MATURE CONTENT]

"Go fish." Persephone exclaimed, holding back her cards to make sure I didn't see them. I took the top card from the deck, pulling it back towards me.

We were playing go fish on the common room floor, not caring who passed by us. I hadn't talked to Victoria for about a day now. It's my birthday, but still wished things could get better.

"What are you two gorgeous ladies doing?" Landon asked as he walked over towards the both of us.

"Go fish, Moon taught me!" Persephone says excitedly. I heard her heart pounding loudly out of her chest. Her smile curved wide as her cheeks perk up in happiness.

Landon let's out a heart warming chuckle as he leans close to Persephone and I.

"I know how much you love the little things." he mutters softly, his lips turning into a slight smirk which only showed the top of his teeth.

Persephone snapped her face towards his, eyes wide open at the shock of his words.

"You didn-"

"I did."

Their eyes were glued to each other, but not in an odd way. They treated each other like siblings and it was cute.

"Can I play, M'lady?" Landon questioned me. He seemed less intrigued in the game and more in me.

It was odd.

His eyes fixated on mine, watching every detail as he tried his best not to look away. His silvery-blue eyes glowed from the common room candles. Time almost slowed as I didn't know what I was doing or feeling.

"Maybe next game." I muttered as I turned away from him. "Got any eights, Persephone?"

Her head shook with disappointment as she let out a
long sigh. She took two cards out of her deck and handed it towards me.

"I have two." she explained, showing Landon a look of irritation.

We continued playing for a few hours until it was time for our classes. My first period of the day was potions where we were learning about the Befuddlement Draught and Calming Draught.

It sucked having classes on my birthday, more specifically in Snape's class.

I walked into class with Draco, a warm feeling still remained in my heart around him.

"I agree that Blaise is trying to be better, but he sided with Katherine." I explain to him. "I've already agreed to be his friend but I no longer trust him."

Draco let's out a quiet chuckle as he combs his hand through his hair. His hair was soft and silky nearly all the time. Possibly from showering every single day.

"I'm serious, Draco. Anyways, do you know what the befuddlement draught does?" I ask him.

"It makes you reckless. Not like you need it very much." he jokes, sitting down at a table beside me.

We got out pieces of parchment as the rest of the classmates did the same awaiting for the arrival of Snape. I looked at the ingredients in front of us which was an unusual mixture.

Sneezewort, Scurvy grass, and Lovage for one potion while there was Pepperment, Lavender, and Crocodile heart for the other.

"Mind if I sit here?" a sweet voice asks.

It was Katherine and she was being nice.

"I'd rather have anyone-" I started before cutting myself off as I looked around the room. Every seat was filled except the one next to ours. "Fine."