3 - The Only Knight

Each day holds a surprise. Only if we expect it, can we receive it. Feeling fear is common towards the surprise as it can be sorrow or otherwise, joy. A form of a continuous cycle of changes called life. 

A friend's quote that Blue remembers as he never has high expectations nor any high standards. So, he could be surprised by almost anything and never get bored with his life. Surely, long life is a blessing but it is also a curse of loneliness and boredom. 

What is there waiting for the ones isolated? 

Only death, unless one decides to take a step out of their comfort zone and form relationships. 

There is no need for lots of friends. Only a genuine few is enough to keep one accompany for some time in the day to wash away the gap in the heart. 

A reminder which Blue holds dear. 

"Sir Chen, wanna grab a couple of drinks later evening? My treat, " A feminine voice invited. 

"We'll talk about it later, Inspector Hoshiguma-, " Chen replied while reading some reports regarding yesterday's incident. 

On a chair, she sits beside a medical bed where Blue rests. A rather too 'peaceful' sleep at that. 

"-our suspect already woke up, " Chen stores the reports inside a file. Her firm expression was the same as ever, stiff lips and piercing gaze.

Blue's eyebrows twitch in response as he stays motionless. Trying his best to prolong his shut-eye. 

"At least give him some credit for trying to pretend to sleep, " The woman behind Chen commented. 

She appears to be taller than Chen. She wore a grey-black themed tactical getup with a tough chest plate. Her green hair is long and graceful as her eyes are deep gold. A shield could be seen resting at her left as she leans against the wall behind Chen. 

Her most distinct feature is the Oni horn on her forehead.

Blue sighs as he slowly opens his pale blue eyes. Gazing at the unfamiliar ceiling with a small smile and chuckles, "I'm not good at faking for fun, and thanks for the compliment. But it was obvious that I suck. "

Hoshiguma nods without a slight change in her face. Crossing her arm while using her eyes to indicate Blue to focus on Chen instead of her. 

Chen coughs before passing the file to Hoshiguma and folds her hands together, "I once again introduce myself, Chen, the leader of Lungmen Guard Division's Special Inspector Group. While she, the woman behind me is Hoshiguma, my partner. "

"Sup, " Hoshiguma gave a small wave before crossing back her arm. 

"Currently, you're under the care of our medic team in a hospital. Also under our surveillance, as you're still a suspect, " Chen points at Blue's wrist handcuffed to the bed. 

"Arts suppressing device… but hey, thanks for the treatment, " His eyes were tranquil. No signs of unwavering in the waves of his sight.

The Inspector narrows her eyes at him for a moment. Bizarre events have been continuously and she barely can keep up with it. 

First, were weird drugs that could turn people into some kind of monster. 

Next, a destructive fight broke up between a monster and a man named Blue yesterday. 

Now, the man, whose punishments awaits him later on. He seems to not be bothered by the possibility of facing a fate worse than death. 

Many can fake their words but only a few can stay true to them. 

"Words are cheap but yours are… particular. Jail is your next destination, shouldn't you feel— troubled like most?" Chen questioned, curious of the man's answers and thoughts. After all, there is a need for a personality check for each suspect. 

"Isn't it obvious?" He turned his body and faced Chen. Laying on the bed in a too comfortable way. 

"No, please elaborate. "

Blue thought that Chen was the same as most law enforcers who work only for the money and asked questions just for the sake of asking, nothing more. As he was once a member of law enforcer in the past. But he was proven wrong by Chen's patient tone while others would be hasty in questioning. 

"Jail is mocked as a place for where the 'bad guys' go to, whether what you did was minor or world-changing. But, towards a man like me? someone with no home to return to? A roof over the head with free food is a blessing from the gods-, " His voice slightly strained as he composed himself with a huff. 

"-beggars can't be choosers after all, " He continued, the edges of his smile relaxed. A sense of helplessness could be felt though, Blue kept it concealed. 

Chen maintained their eye contact for a few more seconds before sighing. Turning her gaze away for a moment. Seeming to be satisfied with Blue's answer. 

"What's your name? We've been trying to find documents about you but we found none from Lungmen across the embassy of other countries. Unless you value your identity, " Knowing that Chen had overworked since 4 a.m., Hoshiguma took a turn to question Blue. 

"Myself is nothing more than dust left behind in history. My value is not regarded highly, so I can tell you most. I'm Blue Sullivan from Brix, I've been wanting to have a good talk, " He introduced himself with one of His palms on his chest. 

"Brix? Never heard of that country. Is it far from Yen? More importantly, any good food there?" Hoshiguma shapes an imaginary food on a plate with the gestures of her hands and her face brightens slightly. 

Blue blinks for a moment and laughs from the bottom of his heart. Even though Hoshiguma was joking about it slightly, it was enough to tingle his humour. 

"Well, there used to be good food but I don't remember the taste, because Brix no longer exists, " Blue's expression twists. Grey shades colour his face before he breaks a smile, a rather rough one. 

"Does that relate to your 500 years old blood? Our medics did an investigation on your body while you were unconscious without your permission. We apologise for the rush-, " Chen slurs in the end and bobs her head forward with her eyes itching to close due to visible tiredness. While her eye bags drags the weight of her sleep deprivation.

Blue held her shoulder to prevent her from falling. Shaking her gently to wake her up. Her crimson red eyes peeking in between the small gaps of her eyelids. 

"O-oh, I'm sorry about that. That was unprofessional of me, you can continue, " She pinches her cheeks before shaking her head. 

Hoshiguma said that she was going to grab some canned coffee at a vending machine and went out. 

"Get some rest later, you reminded me of my friend-, " Blue cleared his throat and took a deep breath. 

After a few moments, he continued with his usual small smile, "I was once a part of a knighthood called 'Sentinel', tasked to fight and kill the 'Sins'. There were 7 of them and 10 of us, each one of us has a unique trait, such as mine is eternal youth. The country of Brix was sacrificed along with many innocents in exchange for victory against the Sins, leaving me as the only survivor of the 'Sentinel'. "

______________________

Some fun stuff with power scaling:

Spirit user name: Blue Sullivan
Spirit name: Azure Warden

Stats:
Destructive Power - B
Speed - B
Range - D
Persistence - C
Precision C
Potential - D

Source for Hoshiguma's fanart:
https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/4417142?q=hoshiguma_%28arknights%29