51.Different expectations

Warisha's POV

"You're looking tired." Ma said as I shook my head for the third time this evening.

As my exam and all is done, we came back here. I'll stay here and Alyan will go back tomorrow. He'll come back next week to join here so yeah, I'm very relieved.

"Mami, is it a girl or a boy?" Ilma asked. They came here last week. Zahan bhai couldn't come due to his office.

"We don't know baby. What do you want?" I pinched on her cheek.

"I want a baby brother."

"We'll see." Sumayra appi chuckled.

"Now let's have dinner." Ma called and we got up to go. We went at the dining room. Alyan pulled out a chair for me and I sat there. But within a second, I got up.

"What happened?" He asked me.

"Pull it out more. It's squeezing me." I said and he looked at me for a second before bursting out laughing.

"Why are you laughing like a maniac?" Appi glared at him.

"She got so fat that she isn't fitting here." He said as I slapped on his arm.

"Alyan....that's rude." Ma glared at him and I got a chance.

"Ma, he always does that. Everyday he keeps telling me how fat I am and how much I eat." I eyed him devilishly.

"Really Alyan?" Baba asked as he shook his head vigorously.

"But we just saw that." Appi said.

"Next time I hear that, you'll not find your ear on it's place." Ma glared at him as I suppressed a grin. He tried to glare at me but couldn't due to everyone. I ignored him and sat on the chair.

"Mama, you're so rude. Mami has a baby inside her that's why she's looking like a balloon." Ilma said making everyone chuckle.

"See, my little Ilma also understands. But you big boy don't." Appi said, kissing on Ilmas cheek.

"You're such a sly cat." Alyan whispered in my ear and I grinned cheekily.

"Say whatever you want."

"But mami, how did you eat a whole baby?" Ilma asked and I choked on water.

After a second of silence, everyone started laughing like maniacs.

"She brought a whole baby mix from the baby store and mixed it with banana and apple then drank it." Alyan added, still laughing.

"Haww....were you so hungry mami?" Ilma looked at me with widened eyes, her palms pressed on her cheek.

"Ask your mama." I glared at him.

"Alyan, what kind of talk is this?" Baba glared at him.

"What? I was just answering Ilmas question." He shrugged.

Ilma looked at me, then at Alyan and mischief filled her eyes.

"Mami, from where did you buy this baby mix?" She asked.

"Why do you want to know this?" Appi looked at her.

"Then I'll also tell abbu to buy me one. Then I'll also have the drink and get a baby like mami." She grinned.

"Okay....I'm not that eager for grandchildren right now so you better have your dinner without any more talk." Appi chuckled.

"But Ammi...I also want a baby." Ilma pouted.

"You grow up first, like mami. Then you can have a baby." Ma said. Ilma thought for a moment then nodded.

"Fine." She concentrated on her dinner.