5) Deserve (Angst)

LmaO- bottom Joonie is so cute-

POV 남준
-------------

Yet again.

Yet again I catch you sneaking out of the house at 3 in the morning. Yet again you make up a lie. Yet again you pretend as if nothing happened.

I don't know anymore, Seokjin. I don't even know why I ignore it. As if, I don't know that you're cheating on me.

I don't even question why, even if I know. I love you a little too much that I can't let go. I don't want to know. I don't want to catch you cheating on me.

Because I know my Jinnie. He loves me too much to do that. You're not cheating on me. That's what I like to believe that is.
----------------

"Good morning, Joonie!" I woke up to my husband's sweet voice, which without a doubt belonged to an angel.

Too bad, the angel is mine. "Good morning, sweetheart." I rubbed my eyes and replied with a spontaneous smile. My voice sounding a little groggy and scratchy.

"Breakfast is ready, freshen up and come downstairs." He kissed my cheek and left. I decided it was the time to really wake up and get my ass to work.

I looked at the bedside table. My face immediately frowning, but I didn't think much to it and ignored it.

But suddenly, a ding from his phone grabbed my attention. I looked at the notification.

Jagi💜
Jinnie baby im sorry but we need to cancel today

I felt numb for a while. I couldn't really process anything. I didn't feel anything. Only disbelief. I couldn't believe it.

But this just proved it right. He was cheating on me. I didn't want it to be true. That's why I was pretending to not notice. But the text just proved it.

Then suddenly I felt suffocated. No, he can't do that to me. He loves me. We're married for Christ's sake! He cannot cheat on me. I know him.

But the text said otherwise. I heard footsteps. I put the phone back to where it was and proceeded to go to the bathroom.

I saw him entering the room and checking his phone. He frowned at the screen with his usual adorable pout.

But it didn't seem adorable to me today. He cheated on me... He betrayed me...

So all those vows and promises meant nothing? Seven years of being married dumped like waste? Was I a nothing to him?

I wiped away my tears and composed myself before freshening up. The breakfast was unusually silent today. He seemed bothered.

"Joonie, I got called from work. They need me right now." I doubted the statement. It wasn't true. At all.

Jinnie maybe you forgot that I can read you like an open book. But I just gave him a smile in reply. "Go ahead Dr. Kim. They need you." The smile he gave me, I would even jump off a cliff just to see that.

"Thank you, Joonie!" He hugged me, kissed my cheek and left. You even forgot our seventh anniversary...

A bitter chuckle escaped. I knew he wasn't going to work. Today was his off. I decided I was going to follow him to see where he goes.
---------

My assumptions had been right. I wanted to erase the sight from my brain. My husband, liplocked with Park Chanyeol in front of the mall without caring about people.

That's what you used to do with me Seokjin... How could you do that to me?! Wasn't I enough?!

I looked at my wedding band. It hurt. I felt like puking. As quick as possible, I left the scene and started driving. My breathing was uneven. I was having a panic attack.