20. FOR US

when an overjoyed jungkook ran upto his father to share the news that his mate will come back soon, the pack alpha made one request.

"jungkook-ah you're my only son. i want you to have a proper mating ceremony."

jungkook had pondered on that thought for a day. it would be nice - to make them official, a day just for them, taehyung would like it.

just like that, a messenger from jeon pack alpha reached the kim pack alpha with a letter.

a letter asking permission to conduct the mating ceremony of their sons. donghyun was overboard with the idea and sungho rejoiced at it.

ever since taehyung heard the news, he was all but in a dreamland envisioning the day. he had attended several mating ceremonies within the pack and he had always dreamed of such a magical day for himself.

he can be jungkooks and jungkook for him.

□□□

on the seventh month after taehyung left the jeon pack, two days before the day of mating ceremony, a group from kim pack with taehyung and his parents reached the jeons.

the jeon pack was all in a festive mode, all of them getting their houses and streets decorated, preparing their best outfits for the day.

seokjin was running around to make the feast after the ceremony the bestest. hoseok, yoongi and namjoon helping with the building of the arches on the platform were the ceremony takes place. jimin though being five months pregnant, was all out helping to collect flowers and decorating it along the whole place.

jeon pack was bustling.

jungkook was nowhere to be found as he was shooed away to his home by his friends, to rest and ready for The day as well as make the home ready for taehyung.

as jungkook went about cleaning the rooms and stocking up things, half the time he was smiling to himself, too giddy, too eager to see taehyung.

sometimes he pouted along because as per tradition, mates were not allowed to see until they walk down the aisle on that day. thats one more day of not seeing taehyung.

he would grumble about stupid traditions until he remember about something else he want to get.

meanwhile ever since they entered jeon pack territories, taehyung has fireworks going on in his tummy. surprisingly nothing negative came to his mind all through the journey- only more promises and expectations.

the jeon pack alpha welcomed the troupe from kim pack warmly, no traces of hatred they held months back seen.

they were accomodated in a warm home, stocked with all and more necessities and taehyung was adviced to not meet jungkook.

while he kept his excitement at bay, jimin and seokjin had barged into the room hugging the life out of the omega and gushing about how much they missed each other.

taehyung had gawked at jimin when he saw his baby bump, almost getting to tears when jimin said taehyung is going to be an uncle soon.

□□□

a day passsed by just like that and before they knew, it was the day of ceremony.

a well rested taehyung was swarmed by jimin, seokjin and a few other omegas helping them carry things from early morning itself.

seokjin had drawn him a warm bath as they smothered him with oils. taehyung was so at bliss, he pouted when he had to get out of the bath.

but just the thought that, he get to see jungkook soon was enough to get him going.