Chapter Forty: Old

"Chapter Forty: You've Always Been Old, Tho,"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I have a lot of time so I can make a song like this,

This is a song for you,"

-Telepathy, BTS

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You flipped herself, making sure that whoever ran you over is inside your arms before you felt the cold snow on your back.  A groan left your lips as the thing inside your arms. It wiggled, mostly screaming as well.

"Y/n! Y/n! Did you miss us, Y/n? We missed you, Y/n!" Beomgyu loudly yelled at your ear, making you sigh as you hope that you don't go deaf.

"Yes, I missed all of you-"

"Y/n, we got new bruises! Look, I look cool!" That sentence made you look at the other child beside you, Kai pointing at his eye with a toothy grin. You pulled him closer to you, gloved hand on his cheek, inspecting the bruise. You looked at Beomgyu, who pointed at his bruising cheek then at the other children who pointed to their bruises with a proud grin.

"Who the hell did this to all of you?" You asked them, a smile resting on your lips but to adults, you could see the underlying threat under it, making the prince's shiver from your expression.

"It was I!" You looked behind you to see Shownu posing behind you, a hand flauntingly placed on his chest as the other rested on his forehead.

"King Shownu, I don't think that's an achievement to be proud of, especially if you're boasting it to the Luna." Behind him, Kihyun whispered nervously to the siren, eyeing you with fear.

"Oh, don't be such a buzzkill. Y/n knows I'm just-" And then a dagger passed by his sight, leaving a slice on the bridge of the nose of the siren. A loud shrill was heard from the king as he saw a marching hunter going at him, another dagger being played around your fingers.

"Y/n, he's kidding. The kids got it from sparring with each other." You were held back by Hyun, who rolled his eyes at the words of the siren while he fixed his coat, a shuddering breath left his lips, watching your eyes narrow at the siren, who started bowing and apologizing repeatedly at a fast speed.

"Good afternoon, Luna." Your eyes caught the scout beside him, Kihyun bowing as a greeting towards you. You smiled, walking towards them before placing a hand on the scout's shoulder as a greeting while you glared at the siren.

"Y/n, let's play! The weather here is perfect!" Soobin loudly said as he pulled your hand, you following with stumbling steps.

"It's not perfect, it's too cold," Kai sniffed as he hugged himself, a pout resting on his lips then a blanket was wrapped around his shoulders. He looked up to see two maids smiling at him as they gave him hot chocolate and fixing the blanket around his shoulders. The other two maids held another pair of blankets and coffee towards Hyun, who thanked them and accepted the items.

"What took all of you so long? You should have been here this morning," Namjoon asked, Jin behind him ordering the maids to get the kids to go inside while glaring at the siren who followed them.

"Bam Bam had an emergency with one of his patients so he'll be late, rely on that message to Wang, please." Namjoon nodded as Yoongi told the guards the exact words he said. They all went inside, the kids cling on to dear life to you as you tried your best to drag them with you while Shownu continued to yap beside you, Kihyun adding some additional words to the siren.