41

I awoke slowly to the sound of rustling, followed by a bang and a grumble of profanities. I bit back my smile, fully aware even in my haze of a sleep deprived mind that Harry was trying to be quiet but must of hit his leg in the process of trying to sneak around. I nuzzled my head back into the pillow before opening my eyes slowly.

I was greeted by the soft glow of the rising sun on my back, and a pretty looking boy seated on his desk chair. I felt as if my heart melted on the spot. Harry's hair was damp, so I assumed he had gone for a shower whilst I had been asleep, now seated on his chair in a pair of loose sweats and an oversized jumper. He looked soft, and it made me smile up at him.

I curled his duvet around my body, almost forgetting I had fallen asleep naked last night. "Good morning," I breathed.

He bit his lip as he stared at me, a soft smile playing at his lips. "Morning," he greeted quietly. "Sorry, did I wake you up?"

I shook my head, turning to lie on my side as I stared up at him. He was honestly such a pretty thing to wake up to in the mornings. "It's alright. I think I needed to get up anyway. What are you doing?"

"Lou has an assessment for me today," he said regrettably, shaking his head. "Because of my injuries, he doesn't want me on the field as yet."

"Oh," I mumbled. The as yet rattled in my brain, and the idea of Harry working on the field didn't settle with me right. I did my best to ignore it worries that grew inside of me. "Are you already working with him?"

"Technically," he said with a shrug. He leaned back on the chair as he powered up the multiple screens in his bedroom. He turned to me as he waited. "Are you hungry?"

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm okay. Are you working all day today?"

"There's no real end time. It's just whenever the...event ends." He didn't look happy as he said it, and as much as I would of preferred to have him in bed with me for the entire day, I knew he had to work.

Covering my body with his duvet, I stood as I tried to search for my clothes, not wanting to stay naked for too much much longer.

"Here," Harry said, getting to his feet quickly when he realised what I was doing. He offered me a shirt from his closet, looking almost shy as he provided me with it.

I couldn't help the blush that coated my cheeks when he handed it to me. I happily took it from his fingers, slipping it over my head. The simple black shirt reached my thighs, and I smiled at the faded smell of his cologne on it.

"Thank you," I mumbled to him, putting his duvet back on his bed.

Harry's eyes filtered down my body. "You look good," he commented, offering me a smile. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay," I mumbled. I reached out to touch his chest, playing with the string of his jumper. "How are you feeling?"

Fingers reached out for my waist, humming under his breath as he tugged me closer to his warm body. "I'm good, great even."

I gave the string a playful tug, and smiled up at the man in front of me. He looked so warm, so happy. I wanted to see him like this every day. "Good, I'm happy about that."

"I have to start watching the monitors, but make yourself at home, okay? Shower, eat, whatever you want."

Harry hesitated for a moment, but leaned forward to press a kiss against my forehead. My heart fluttered a the gesture.

Make yourself at home.

An hour later, I was showered, still dressed in Harry's shirt despite having my own clothes tucked away in my bag. I was feeling a lot more relaxed than I should of, given the current circumstances, but I wasn't about to complain about it.