Side chapter: Yang

It was a great day when-

"WHAT?!"(Yang)

"Ms Xiao-Long please do improve your studies, if you are to do well and become a Huntress, I recommend you buck up."(Port)

"But how?! I tried my dang hardest in this test!"(Yang)

"Shouting about your results will do nothing to solve the problem."(Port)

"Sigh yes Professor Port."(Yang)

With that Yang left the classroom to join her teammates in their dorm. When she entered, no one but Blake and Kenji were there. Obviously reading books quietly. Kenji was writing something though. She then came up with an idea. If she could maybe gain the help of Blake who was a real genius maybe she could pass! But then again, Blake was not the best of tutors and Yang had real difficulty understanding whatever she taught. Then she looked over to Kenji.

She had realised Kenji really understood everyone's way of thinking. Maybe if she could just get his help. But she didn't exactly want to ask directly. Kenji was her close childhood friend and if she asked him to help her with just passing, his image of her would be ruined. He'd probably wonder how she even got in the academy in the first place. She gave a discreet sigh before another idea popped into her head. What if she could seduce him? She was great at two things. Punching and flirting. Time to put them into use.

Yang first tried to get Blake to get out so she could have some time alone with him.

She first tried to get Blake's attention with a "ps" Kenji was wearing headphones at the time listening to music. Then after having Blake ignore her, she went with a different approach. She silently went out of the room and got a fish from the canteen. Yep classic. She then stood in front of the dorm and Blake immediately smelled the fish. She put down her book, something Kenji noticed, and made her way out. She then saw the fish and you can guess what happened. Yang then entered the dorm and locked the door. She then turned to Kenji who had now taken off his headphones and smiled.

Soon after that she tried to make her move but a knock on the door interrupted her. She then took Blake's book, opened the door and handed it over to her. She then closed and the locked the door.

Kenji could tell something was up but he decided to wait and see what Yang had in store for him. Then Yang put her arm around him and started with a little bit of sweet talk.

"Kenji, has anyone ever told you that you're really handsome?"(Yang)

"I'm flattered."(Kenji)

"Yea, also wouldn't you do anything for your friend in need if they give you something in return?"(Yang)

"Sure."(Kenji)

She then moved closer to try and kiss him. But she was hesitant. This was her close friend. Someone she really cared about and didn't want to lose. She had already lost him once and didn't want to lose him again. Kenji noticed the hesitation and decided to break the ice.

"And what are you trying to exactly accomplish little dragon?"(Kenji)

"...I-I-"(Yang)

"All you had to do was ask."(Kenji)

"..."(Yang)

Yang was now caught. She was humiliated and in front of her childhood friend! She felt like running out of the room and just punching her sorrows away. But before she could even take a step two arms embraced her body. Kenji had embraced her. Kenji understood how she felt. Pressure could lead many to make impulsive decisions and make regrettable actions. He didn't want Yang to go through that. He then slowly stroked her hair as if she was a fragile thing and needed to be taken good care of. Instead of Yang punching the shit out of him, she instead buried her head into his shoulder and returned the hug. She was definitely nervous about the whole situation but after the hug she felt like a weight had been lifted off her shoulders. People were there for her. And they cared.

"Thank you Kenji..."(Yang)

"Just ask nicely next time."(Kenji)

Kenji stroked her hair a few more times before separating. He then motioned for her to sit on her bed.

"Alright Yang, if you wanted help I would always be glad to give you some advice and teach you a few tricks. Let me see your test papers,"(Kenji)

"Wh-what...?"(Yang)

Yang definitely didn't want to show him her marks. It was so low that she could be considered a potato. But of course Kenji didn't care. Yang reluctantly gave her paper to Kenji.

"Just don't...laugh."(Yang)

Kenji took the paper gracefully and took a look at the marks. 7/50 was horrible. But Kenji was optimistic. If she didn't get a zero, there was a chance to do well.

"Hmm...it seems that you understood some topics and concepts...good."(Kenji)

With that Kenji continued his teaching. Yang listened on intently. His teaching method really suited Yang. Using real life appliances and examples fit her visual and kinetic learning greatly. Over time, she was prepared for the retest.

Timeskip...

Kenji and RWB were waiting outside the classroom definitely worried about their teammate and friend. When Yang came out of the class with a gleaming smile though, all their doubts and worry disappeared. Yang was immediately enveloped in a group hug by her team. Kenji watched on from the side. A precious moment like this was not to be interrupted. He then quietly left them be.
.
.
.
.
.
He was now back the dorms. He was on the floor again writing in his journal. He was about to finish his last extract on his experiences with Yang these past few days when-

'Slam!'

The door was slammed right open and Yang appeared. The other girls were apparently waiting somewhere else while Yang lied to them about forgetting something at the dorm. She stared directly at Kenji before walking up to him and hitting him on the head. It wasn't a hard hit but a hit nonetheless.

"Ow."(Kenji)

"And what made you think you could just run off?"(Yang)

"Ehehe..."(Kenji)

Kenji gave off a nervous laughter.

"Now wait a minute Yang put your hands down and definitely don't grab that cha-"(Kenji)

Before Kenji could continue pleading for his life, Yang pulled him up and hugged him.

"Heh, thanks for the help. I really appreciate it!"(Yang)

Kenji hugged back.

"Of course little dragon."(Kenji)

"Oh and who said you could skip out on celebration night?"(Yang)

"Wait wh-"(Kenji)

Yang then dragged him out of the room and down the steps they went. When they arrived at the outskirts of Beacon he saw the whole team waiting there.

"Took you long enough!"(Weiss)

"Probably could've been slower."(Blake)

"They're finally here!"(Ruby)

"Yep this was what I forgot sorry about that girls!"(Yang)

"Why am I here again?"(Kenji)

"Because you're technically our teammate now...dummy."(Weiss)

"Uh but-"(Kenji)

"No buts! Let's go I'm hungry as an Ursa right now!"(Yang)

With that Kenji was dragged along with them to celebrate Yang's success.

Uhm what did yall think about this side chp? If yall don't like it I can stop with them and just focus on the pieces and main chps. This side chps were mainly for character development with Kenji if i felt like they were lackluster. Tell me ur thoughts:

1. Continue the side chps

2.stop the side chps