xxxiii. covered in you

"Alright," Lois and Lily sat down in front of Remus, who had been sat at the kitchen table reading Lord of the Flies since the early morning

"Alright," Lois and Lily sat down in front of Remus, who had been sat at the kitchen table reading Lord of the Flies since the early morning. "What is up with you?"

"Nothing's up with me." He told them, flipping a page over.

"Okay Grumpy, and I'm Snow White." Lois stated, plucking the book out of his hands, turning it over in hers. "I read this book once, quite sad."

Remus glared at her from across the table, decidedly ignoring her comments and choosing to snatch it back.

"Come on Remus," Lily said gently. "What's the matter?"

If he was being honest, Remus wasn't sure what the matter actually was. Well, that would actually be a lie, so he wouldn't be honest at all. His reason would have just sounded melodramatic—Aurora started avoiding him again; for the third time.

"Does your sister tend to avoid everyone, or is it just me?" He asked Lois, hoping to not have to answer Lily's question directly.

"Why do you ask?" She countered, seeing straight through his poor attempts.

Remus sighed and placed the book down on the table, still open on the page he was at. "Yesterday after we checked on both of your idiotic husbands," They both didn't bother to protest to this, just nodded their heads agreeing with him. "She quickly went back up to her room, and today she left the house before anyone else was even up."

"She's probably at Benjy's." Lois tried to comfort him as she knew that Aurora would be over there with the couple's new dog.

"You're going to try and talk to her when she comes back, yes?" Remus nodded at Lily's question. Talking to Aurora was probably his best option if he wanted her to stop avoiding him. "Good, because you both still have to sort out your wedding."

Remus groaned again. This was a subject he could avoid. "Why can't you guys do it?"

Lois and Lily shared a glance and then looked back to him. "We'd love to help, but there are also things you both need to decide upon."

He nodded at both of them, feeling slightly frustrated at the idea of the wedding since he and Aurora hadn't spoken about it in nearly two weeks. But he guessed that would be another thing to speak about when she returns.

It took four more hours until she returned, and Remus was sat in the lounge so that when she came out of the fireplace she wouldn't be able to ignore him.

When she did come out of the fireplace, Remus felt his nerves beginning to rise to the surface as she hesitantly made her way over to him.

"Good day?" She asked, toeing off her shoes and sinking down on the sofa, tucking her legs beneath her. He was partly irritated with how she would switch her manner so easily, avoiding him one second and then being friendly the next.

"It was okay, yours?"

"It was okay." She echoed, placing them into an awkward silence—different from the comfortable silences they usually shared.

"Why are you avoiding me again?" He asked, watching her as she registered the question and then opened her mouth to probably spill out a weak defence. "Don't say you're not, because you have been for nearly two days."

Aurora was quiet as she pursed her lips together, shifting ever so slightly in her seat. "I have been avoiding you." She chose to say, shocking him as he had not expected her to agree with him.

"Are you going to tell me why?"

She locked eyes with him, a small grin hesitantly spreading across her face. "No."

Remus sat back. He didn't want to pressure her to tell, but he needed her to stop avoiding him. "Can you promise me you'll stop?"

"I can't promise that." Aurora teased, but her grin faltered once she saw his serious expression not changing. "I won't promise it," She added. "But I will try to stop."

"Thank you." He smiled at her but it didn't last very long as he remembered the other subject he was meant to talk about.

"Lily and Lois said we need to continue planning the wedding."

"What? Why?" Her brows had furrowed in confusion, obviously not as keen about it as he was; he didn't particularly enjoy the idea of being forced into marriage—whether he liked her or not.

"Because we have less than six weeks to do so."

Aurora flopped back on the sofa, back laying against the arm rest, shoving her feet into his lap.

"Move your feet Sullivan." He said, shoving them lightly enough so that she won't fall off herself.

Much as he expected, she didn't listen; a grin spread wide on her face as she moved them back. "What are you going to do about it, Lupin?"

Remus faltered for a minute. He found he didn't actually mind her legs resting on his lap, so he just sighed and didn't bother with answering her question. "Favourite article of clothing?"

"Well I know yours is going to be socks." She teased him and then continued with her own answer.

He guessed it was rather strange, asking her about her favourite random things. But he didn't care, and nor did she. He enjoyed finding out these things about her that no one would know unless they were told explicitly by her. Remus loved getting to know her.

AN:
uhm, this chapter was purely for the idea to get them talking about the wedding whoops

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 103K
I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!

i just wanted to say that for updates, i will try and get one out either every night or every other night as sometimes i'm just too tired or i really don't feel like writing. i will try to not let it get past three nights though

do any of you have questions (these can be any sort of questions—about the book or characters, idk i was just wondering if you guys did)

fuck, marry, kill: marlene, dorcas, mary