Chapter 23

A/N : I had registered myself for some awards and one of the judges gave me some useful tips, so if you find my writig slightly different from usual, it's coz I am trying to work on my writing skills. Also, my boards are around the corner, so don't expect quick updates from me anymore till the end of June. In fact, don't expect updates at all.

VIVAAN'S POV

I feel like the world's biggest loser right now. After messing everything up on the bus, I didn't have the guts to the park. Correction - I didn't have the guts to go inside the park. I couldn't miss seeing her face, so I watched her from outside the park. Yes, I hid in the bushes to look at Kimora and got bitten by thousands of mosquitoes... but, love makes you do strange things!

Like say that you love her as a friend? My stupid brain kept on repeating the conversation from the afternoon. 

"Just a friend?" "Just a friend." 

After that conversation, she said that it was okay to miss her. And then it seemed like she wanted to say something but she never said anything. She just kept her head down and muttered that she was tired. It was an awfully long, incredible awkward trip back home.

She got down at Avani's stop. They talked for really long. How do I know? I stalked her, obviously. Okay, no, I didn't stalk her, I just stood outside my building, trying to see what she was doing. Okay, maybe I was stalking her. Sue me?

She talked for really long to Avani before going to her Avani's house. I was like, WHAT?  You go to her house but not mine? They must have had lunch together because she went back to her house an hour later. Okay, yes, I was spying on her from my house. Sue me again?

Yes, I am obsessed with her. Wait, did I say that? 

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO....

I am not obsessed with her!

I like her, I just, uh, I love her...

"AS A FRIEND?" Bidaan screamed into the phone when I told him what happened today on the call. 

"I know I did a mistake," I sighed. 

"Mistake? No bro! What you did is bigger than a mistake!" he laughed drily.

"Okay, yaar, now stop teasing me. I need to go for dinner." Saying that, I hung up. 

What the fuck is wrong with me?

***

"Vivaan?" Kimora asked me. Her hair was open. There was a white lily in her hair. She was dressed in a white, flowy, mid-length one-piece. She looked angelic in it. 

"Kimora?" I asked, astounded. She looked too gorgeous right now. I could melt with her touch, I swear. 

"Vivaan, I love you. I will miss you. I can't last a day without you, Vivaan! I need you! There will be an emptiness in me if you go away. Please, don't leave me! I love you, Vivaan!" 

My heart was pounding faster than ever as she said those words. SHE. LOVES. ME. I wanted to take her hand and twirl her all over the place. I wanted to hug her.

"Vivaan?" 

"Hmm... Kim?" 

"I meant, as a friend."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"I love you but as a friend."

***