24.

Here Lauren was. falling harder than she expected to.

......

That's why she hated lies. Made sense. Made perfect sense. And, hell, Camila shouldn't worry because she didn't have a drug problem, like Lauren's ex had. Not even close. She had a money problem, and it wasn't her fault. But she also had a truth problem, because she couldn't tell a soul about all those dollars she owed Austin. She certainly couldn't tell Lauren. The girl did well for herself, and she didn't want Austin to sink his teeth into her new woman.

New woman?

What the hell? It was one weekend. One moment. Nothing more, and she certainly couldn't think of Lauren as her new woman, no matter how much she enjoyed every single second of these days with her, from the way Lauren touched her to the way she made her feel in her heart.

Like it could open again.

Like she could let Lauren in and not be burned because there was something about her that simply meshed with herself. Maybe it was the way Lauren held her, or it could be the way she felt when she was with Lauren. Free.

it was a feeling she longed for, and it both thrilled and scared her.

She buried her nerves in a kiss. Camila pressed her lips to Lauren's jawline, then tangled her fingers in the girl's wet hair, the contact temporarily distracting her from what she knew was coming. The moment when she'd have to tell Lauren something about her past.

"What about you?" Lauren asked, and there it was. her turn to share.

"You want to know my skeletons?" she said, slipping her hand down to Lauren's chest, drawing a line across her fabulously firm body in an effort to rattle her focus. Lauren's breathing quickened, and her dick rose up in the water. But she reached for Camila's hand before she could touch her there.

"Don't distract me. We're talking" she said, in a tone that playful but firm.

Camila pretended to pout, "But other things are more fun than talking"

"We'll get to other things, gorgeous. I promise you I have many things planned for you"

"But I have to 'fess-up about the nudist colony I used to belong to first?"

"Yeah" Lauren said with a grin, as she shifted Camila around so she lay against her body, the girl's back to her front, her hard cock against her backside.

"And my days working in a high-class call ring with your lawyer friend?"

"Ha, that too"

"Fine" she said, ripping off the band-aid, "I have an ex named Matthew. We dated on and off for a few years. He was handsome and hung-"

"Hey, now"

"Well, not like you" she said. wriggling her rear against that evidence of how very well hung Lauren Jauregui was. So well. So unbelievably endowed in the length and width department. She thanked her lucky stars for that.

"Not like I'm even worried about that at all. I just don't want to hear about another man's prowess"

"Did I say he had prowess?"

"Camila" Lauren said with a sigh, "Has anyone ever told you you're evasive"

"Fine. How's this for non-evasive? Matthew and his shlong are history. But there was this other guy, Shawn. He was a photographer, and did some work shooting homes for realtors, making sure the rooms looked amazing and huge in all the pictures, and he also contracted with some companies in the city, taking product shots" she said, but didn't add the type of products he captured - like Austin's limos. Nor did she add that while Austin really did own and lease a fleet of limos, his limo company was pretty his only legit operation. His other businesses were more of the racketeering variety, she suspected, and she had a hunch Austin's limos did some laundering too. Or so Shawn had told her. She operated on a "don't ask" policy when it came to Austin. She didn't want to know about his business dealings; she already knew too much from the things Shawn had told her. It had all seemed playful at the time, when he'd come home from a photoshoot of a new stretch limo and flash a wad of greenbacks. "He paid me in cash again. I think Austin's allergic to checks" he'd say.

"What a terrible affliction"

"They make him break out in hives"

"Receipts probably do too" she'd joked. Little had she known that Shawn was onto something, all right. He'd been dabbling with a most dangerous type of client.

"Anyway, we were together for a while" she said to Lauren, pushing thoughts of ex's far out of her mind, "But it was kind of fading out for the last several months. And well, truth be told, I honestly don't really know where he is"

"Really?"

"Yeah, really. it had ended, and he's not in Miami anymore"  she said, and that was all true. Shawn had left. She had no clue where he'd gone. She had her suspicions. the Cayman Islands. Maybe Mexico. Some place untraceable. Unfindable. Drinking Pina Coladas on the beach and having the last laugh. Yep. The laugh was on her. That was the other reason she kept her own secrets. She was ashamed, so terribly ashamed of how Shawn had tricked her. She'd been conned, and she didn't want anyone to know she'd been played for a fool.

"Why'd it end?"

"I told you. We drifted apart. Isn't that how it usually ends?"

"Usually"

"But Lauren?"

"Yeah?"

"I don't want to talk about ex's anymore. We've done that, and here I am in the bathtub with you, and candles are lit and music is playing, and you're hard because you're always hard, and it seems like now would be a good time for us to stop talking and start doing other things"

She stood up, reached for a towel, and dried off.

Within a minute she was in Lauren's closet, selecting a white shirt and a violet purple tie to wear.