Chapter 11

The rest of the fights went pretty quick. But it was clear that above all Todoroki, Izuku and Bakugou and stood out as the strongest. Many of the audience were whispering about how well Elaine was doing for someone who looked so frail. But her lack of combat experience would inevitably be her downfall in the semi finals where she was matched against Izuku

"Listen Izu. You better not go easy on me!" The girl shouted at him. He nodded as he understood she would feel insulted if he went easy on her. But the thought of even laying a hand on his girlfriend haunted him.

When midnight sounded fir the fight to begin, Elaine took the offensive. She ran towards Izuku whilst using her fairywind. She was holding nothing back, likely already knowing she would not win. In retaliation Izuku flicked his finger towards the attack, causing his own gist if wind that cancelled out hers.

However Elaine knew her boyfriend and predicted he would do this. And so she had already launched herself into the air with fairywind. She smirked causing Izuku to look around in realisation. Her attack was not to damage him. It was to kick up grass surrounding the platform. She used her power over nature and hardened the grass like steel. She combined them all to make one large grass spike.

She knew that such an attack would take up all of her stamina. But if she even hoped to beat her titan if a boyfriend. She knew she couldn't hold anything back.

"THIS IS EVERYTHING I HAVE IZU!" She shouted as she waved her hand down, sending her attack.

Izuku looked at her in the air. She was giving it her all. She trained so hard to get this far.

He wanted to let her win.

He was going to let her win.

But something else caught his attention. A reflection of light on her cheek. A tear.

She had asked him to go all out and yet he hadn't even moved.

He had caused more harm to her than if he had hit her.

He let out a soft smile and raised his hand. When the attack finally reached he caught it. Blood poured from his hand but the attack went no further.

"You truly are amazing Elaine" he said as he crushed the end of the grass spike. The rest of the attack fell apart.

Elaine fell to the arena but she didnt give up. She took a hand to hand combat stance. Determined to win. Izuku slowly walked to her

When he was right in front of her she punched at his chest. However it caused more damage to her fist than to him.

"Eri will be so proud to see how strong her mama is" he told her as he raised his hand chopped her neck. She fell forward into him but he caught her and picked her up bridal style.

He didnt listen as present mic announced him the winner. He was too busy looking at his girlfriend. He frowned as he saw a trickle of blood from the side of her mouth. She had tried an attack to powerful for her body to handle. The result ended up in her hurting herself and running out of stamina.

Yet she had a smile on her face. Izuku didn't know if it was because she tried her best or if it was because he had acknowledged her strength. In the end it didnt matter much. She was smiling. And to him that meant the world.

He carried her back to the infirmary. He sat by her side waiting for her to wake. Recovery girl was obviously angry at the over use if the girls quirk. Blaming the teachers for letting her go to far when they knew she couldnt handle it. But Izuku pointed out to her that Elaine would try her best even if she would be disqualified.

Elaine didnt wake up until 20 minutes later. She looked around and saw Izuku next to her. He was staring at the TV. She looked to the screen to see that bakugou and Todoroki were fighting.

She reached for his hand causing him to look at her. But she only smiled and turned her head back to the screen

In the arena

Bakugou and Todoroki were panting. The fight had been going on for 6 minutes and both were nearing their limits. Todoroki had done well in blocking bakugous explosions with his ice. But the destructive power if bakugou was proving too much for him.

"Haha, I've already won" Bakugou stated with a smirk. Todoroki looked at him in confusion so he elaborated "my sweat acts like nitroglycerin, the more i sweat the bigger my explosions" He told the half and half teen

"I see, so longer battles are your strong suit" Todoroki replied in realisation

"THATS RIGHT!" Bakugou shouted as he flew into the air and readied his attack. He flew down to todoroki and blasted him with a huge explosion. The icy hot teen managed to reduce the damage with a thin layer of ice but he was not prepared for the next attack

Bakugou back handed him with the force if an explosion carrying his hand. The result was Todoroki being sent flying, even his ice couldn't keep him in the arena.

"And Katsuki bakugou wins!" Present mic announced. Katsuki ealked to the edge of the arena and looked down at Todoroki

"How dare you insult me by only using half your power you icy hot bastard" He said with a scoff before turning away and leaving him. He was smirking, ready fir his next fight between him and Izuku

"And with that Izuku midoriya and katsuki balugou reach the finals! Which of the two titans will come out on top?!" Present mic exclaimed in excitement, hyping up the crowd

"We'll just have to see after this 15 minute break!"