𝑜𝑛𝑒 ℎ𝑢𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑒𝑑 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑛 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 𝑡𝑤𝑜.

the comments are acting v weird on this just ignore it

May 29 1994
9:16 pm
Shrieking Shack

Hollis, Regulus, James, and Lily had never wished to be with Harry more than they did now.

"If your son kills Pads I am going to kill him," Hollis hissed under her breath at James.

"He doesn't know it was Peter," Regulus reminded them. "He still thinks my brother is the one who sold all of you out."

"Expelliarmus!" Remus shouted, storming into the Shack with his wand raised at Harry.

Harry's wand flew once more out of his hand; so did the two Hermione was holding. Lupin caught them all deftly, then moved into the room, staring at Black, who was still lying with his back flat on the dusty floor.

"Smooth," Regulus muttered, genuinely impressed.

Then Lupin spoke, in a very tense voice.

"Where is he, Sirius?"

Harry looked quickly at Lupin. He didn't understand what Lupin meant. Who was Lupin talking about? He turned to look at Black again.

Black's face was quite expressionless. For a few seconds, he didn't move at all. Then, very slowly, he raised his empty hand and pointed straight at Ron. Mystified, Harry glanced around at Ron, who looked bewildered.

"I'm sorry it's just really funny how confused they all look," James giggled, and Hollis gave him an amused snort.

"But then..." Lupin muttered, staring at Black so intently it seemed he was trying to read his mind, "...why hasn't he shown himself before now? Unless" Lupin's eyes suddenly widened, as though he was seeing something beyond Black, something none of the rest could see, "-- unless he was the one...unless you switched... without telling me?"

Very slowly, his sunken gaze never leaving Lupin's face, Black nodded.

"Professor," Harry interrupted loudly, "what's going on-?"

"Connect the damn dots, my boy," Lily sighed, running a hand through her dark red hair.

But he never finished the question, because what he saw made his voice die in his throat. Lupin was lowering his wand, gazing fixed at Black. The Professor walked to Black's side, seized his hand, pulled him to his feet so that Crookshanks fell to the floor, and embraced Black like a brother.

Hollis started to cry and Remus and Sirius were finally reunited.

"I DON'T BELIEVE IT!" Hermione screamed.

"WILL SHE LITERALLY SHUT UP?" James shouted. "THEY WERE HAVING A MOMENT!"

Lupin let go of Black and turned to her. She had raised herself off the floor and was pointing at Lupin, wild-eyed. "You, you-"

"Hermione-"

"You and him!"

"Hermione, calm down-"

"I didn't tell anyone!" Hermione shrieked. "I've been covering up for you-"

"Hermione, listen to me, please" Lupin shouted. "I can explain-"

Harry could feel himself shaking, not with fear, but with a fresh wave of fury.

"I trusted you," he shouted at Lupin, his voice wavering, out of control, "and all the time you've been his friend!"

"HE'S YOUR FUCKING GODFATHER!" Regulus screamed, ready to tear his hair out. "THIS IS THE BOY EVERYONE'S DYING FOR?"

"You're wrong," said Lupin. "I haven't been Sirius's friend, but I am now -- Let me explain...."