𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 18

For you, sleep had never been an ultimate comfort, but you dozed off after a full day of volleyball practice like resting on cloud puffs.

There's something about the environment that made you refuse to wake up and one of them was definitely the familiar yet unrecognizable fragrance in your dream.

You snuggled deeper as the world embraced you back. Your eardrums caught a faint heartbeat; calm, steady, getting closer and closer until it sounded so real.

Wait a second.

You pried your eyes open, finding yourself in a secluded space.

A living, breathing chest met you in the eyes. You inhaled the shirt almost in a panic, detecting the same scent from your sleep.

Akaashi encased his arms around your waist. His nose nuzzled in your hair without a care.

Oh... my... GOD.

You felt your heart combusting for his every breath on your scalp and the inaudible murmurs that were coming out of his slightly parted mouth.

No, not again.

It appeared nobody had yet to wake up so it's a good opportunity to move.

You looked up, entranced by his sleepy, beautiful face. He looked so tired from last night's practice so you felt kind of bad to wake him up.

"Akaashi... Akaashi, wake up."

You whispered, poking his cheek gently.

"Mhmm."

It only caused him to shift his arm to the back of your head, unintentionally bringing you closer, thinking you were a pillow. Your face was practically touching his chest that you began to hear his heartbeat once more.

You shut your eyes, cursing at any words that came to mind and ending it with an exhale.

You pulled back and began to move his hand off you so you could break free.

"Wait..." he mumbled lazily, "I don't want to get up yet."

His lethargic fingers started playing with the strands of your hair.

"Are you sleep talking?"

"..... yes."

"No, you're not. Wake up."

He peered between his heavy eyelids, gazing down at you half-asleep. He surveyed his morning view, complaints didn't escape his lips.

"Why are you so close," He muttered, barely changing his arm position.

"Long story short, someone decided to clutch the person next to them in their sleep."

"Is Bokuto behind me again?"

"No..."

You sighed, grabbing his hand behind your head.

Once he's awake enough to discern the situation, he pulled his hand away and dropped his head back into the pillow.

"Oh, I did it. Sorry."

You squirmed back your mattress.

"At least no one caught us again like last time. If Konoha-san saw that, he would make it into an hourly talk."

Akaashi wasn't paying attention to your speech. Hell, he couldn't even focus his vision from the drowsiness. He rolled over to the side, drifting back to his sleep.

You folded the mattress then put them on the side for others to stack later. You heard Akaashi mumbling in his sleep.

"I kinda like the talk. It's like you were mine."