47: listen to me

"𝐓𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐦𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲,"

~🌙 ~

Park Jongseong

"That was such a good speech!" Jake held up two thumbs up whilst the other two were rushing me over. They high fived me and cheered for my big speech. Being on that stage was not something I asked to do, but I felt like the students of Seoul High needed to hear what I had to say. I was a victim of the school system and much more and so maybe they would find hope in it. Either way, the scary part was over and the four of us had finally graduated high school.

"Thanks, guys," I thanked them genuinely, "Can you believe it? We're going to college!" 

"We still have summer yet," Sunghoon held up a finger as if asking me to not skip too far ahead into the future. I nodded in agreement whilst we conversed about how we would bully the maknaes all summer long.

"I'm going to pester Sunoo about final year so much," Sunghoon plotted.

"You'll have to teach him how to make his own sandwiches too," Heeseung laughed, but Sunghoon's response was less than favourable. He lost his cheeky grin and in its place was a look of sickness. 

"Why the long face?" Jake noticed and grew in concern.

"I've shared sandwiches with Sunoo every lunch for three years. I don't know how to eat a full sandwich. What am I going to do?," He began to panic and the three of us understood what he felt. Sunghoon would miss Sunoo a lot with how close they have gotten. Sunoo wasn't far behind us with school, but a full year without him would surely upset Sunghoon for a while. 

"Aye, relax. He'll join us after a year. Plus we have each other. We'll learn to drive and come home every now and then. Don't fret," Jake cheered us up with his words of wisdom and the fresh feeling of finishing high school returned. 

As the audience flooded the ceremony and walked towards the hall another figure flashed my eyes. This time, she was more clear. I could finally see her whole face: her eyes, bright smile and curled brown hair. She graduated too. 

"Jay-ah, what's wrong?" Heeseung approached me and surely enough, Hyerin fell into his line of sight. Sunghoon and Jake froze besides us as Eun Hyerin stood no more than six feet away from us. The girl we joked about being a ghost was closer than ever. 

"Should we say hi?" Jake asked nervously, not taking her eyes off of her. We watched as she laughed and joked with her two friends. She had taken care of herself well and looked all done up for graduation. We hadn't seen each other in so long, but her presence felt different. 

"Jay said we should move on though. I don't think now is the time to bring up old feelings," Sunghoon replied, patting my shoulder as if to console me.

"I disagree," Heeseung turned to as all and we all perked up at his words, "We need to tie these ends with her. We're going into college soon and the last thing we all want on our conscience is that we fell out with a friend who meant a lot to us. More importantly, that we didn't try to fix it even when she was stood right there."