44

I sat down in front of Dante. I was going to tell him everything. I needed it off my chest so I was going to tell him.

"Before you say anything, just know I love you Addison." Dante says, making me sigh. "Whatever you say, you're still my daughter."

"You won't want to say that." I whisper. He grabbed my hand, making me look him in the eyes.

"You won't know that for sure. I may say the exact opposite. Nobody knows what the other person will say until they say the thing. I'm always going to be here for you, Addison." He whispers. I let out a breath.

"Uh, Ryan's back. Turns out I didn't kill the bitch." I mumble. He didn't say anything. "He, uh, he contacted me. God, I'm so sorry."

"Addison, what does he want?" Dante's soft voice makes me have hope inside.

"I don't know that but what I do know is this." I let go of his hand and grabbed an envelope from my purse. I push it towards him and he looks at me. "I don't know who the kid is. I really don't but she looks like me."

He slowly opened the envelope and took out the pictures. It was everything from the texts to the pictures he sent me.

"When did you first hear from him?" He looked me in the eyes.

"The first race. Then the second race with the picture." I say, pointing. "Mark, the person whose head we found in the garden at the old house, he told me. He didn't mean to but he did. Then after I won, that picture came in."

"What if she's not Ashlyn, Addison."

"Then her mother's dead. Ryan would kill the mother if it isn't me." I whispered. "I can't leave the poor girl without a mother. I-I can't." He let out a breath.

"What about the third time he contacted you?"

"I'm sorry, alright? I know I should've came to you but-but I thought-"

"You didn't want to lean on us." I shake my head. "It's alright, Addison. When was the third time?"

"After the fight." He tensed up and his nostrils flared.

"He called when you were standing in front of us, didn't he?" I slowly nod. Tears started to stream down my face.

"I'm sorry."

"Addison, it's not your fault."

"But it is. I-I." I stuttered.

"Before the fight was when he sent the text about the first word, isn't it?" I nod.

"I only fought her because the thing I needed, it would help me track him down. Then I got the password or Sid got the password and now, now I'm at a dead end."

"He's disappeared, didn't he?" I nod.

"I have a plan though and I need you to listen to me before you do anything stupid." He sighs.

"Okay."

--

Dante's pov

I sat in the kitchen, at the island. I poured more whiskey into my cup and downed it. I sigh.

What Addison is about to do is fucking stupid. So goddamn stupid but I had to support her. I knew she wanted her daughter back. I don't even know if that is her daughter but it's fine. She'll be fine. I hope she'll be fine.

"DAD!" Adrian yelled from upstairs. I didn't respond back to him. Footsteps sounded on the stairs. The entire family besides Addison came into the kitchen.

"Hmm?" I ask, looking at them.

"Addison's gone." I tensed up. They probably saw her room. Everything was gone from it.

What the hell am I supposed to say to them? 'Oh, your sister is going on a suicide mission and won't listen to me?' That will break them.

"Oh." I whisper, staring at the counter.

"We-We gotta go find her." Adrian stuttered. I pursed my lips. Darius and everybody was staring at me. "She'll come back home. She has to. She wouldn't leave without a goodbye. Right?"

"Dad, where's Addison?" Darius gritted out. I slowly looked at them. Tears were in my eyes.

"She, um, here." I whispered, putting a note on the counter. "It explains some things but not everything."

"Where is she?" Chase asks, coldly. I shrug.

"I have no clue. She wouldn't tell me where she was going. I'm going to bed." I whispered before downing the rest of the whiskey.

It's going to be a long two years.

So the last few chapters were like building up to this point. Addison disappeared, what do you think about that?

Any thoughts on this chapter?

Share. Comment. Vote.