Smithsonian

Jasmine's POV

Bianca woke me up when we reached D.C. and we stepped out to the Air and Space museum. I cast a glare up to the spaceships hanging from the ceiling.

"Why do mortals keep trying to go to the moon? I will never understand mortals." Zoë muttered.

"Because they want to prove they are the superior race and that everything they see is theirs." I explained.

Zoë let out a scoff. "'Superior race' my ass. The GODS are the superior race not mortals."

"Let them believe what they want." I shrugged. "But Wizards and witches believe they are superior to mortals even though they are stuck in the Middle Ages!"

We were walking up the ramp to the second floor when some random kid pushed into us. "Watch it!" I snapped.

I then noticed it was my sea cousin, Percy.

Zoë proceed to draw her bow, aiming the arrow at his face. "You!" she snarled "How dare you show thy face here!"

"Luke," Percy panted, trying to catch his breath. "He's here."

Thalia put her hand on her silver bracelet. "Where?"

"In the Natural History Museum – I followed Dr. Thorn, he'd been following you in a black SUV for ages. The whole place was closed for a private event, with security guards and everything. Thorn met Luke and some guy called the General there," Percy reported, still out of breath.

"The General is here?" Zoë asked, stunned. "That is impossible. You lie."

"Why would I lie? Look, there's not time. Skeleton warriors –"

"What?" I demanded. The dead only obeyed the House of Hades,  "How many?"

"Twelve," Percy said. "And that's not all. That guy, the General, he said he was sending something, a 'playmate', to distract you over here. A monster."

"Zoë," I said nervously. "If it is the General..."

"It cannot be!" Zoë snapped. "Percy must have seen an Iris-message or some other illusion."

"Illusions don't crack marble floors," Percy replied.

Zoë took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. 

"If Percy is telling the truth about the skeleton warriors," Zoë said, "we have no time to argue. They are the worst, the most horrible...We must leave now."

"Good idea," Percy said.

"I was not including thee, boy," Zoë said. "You are not part of this quest."

"Hey, I'm trying to save your lives!"

"You shouldn't have come, Percy," Thalia said grimly. "But you're here now. Come on. Let's get back to the van."

"That is not thy decision!" Zoë snapped.

Thalia scowled at her. "You're not the boss here, Zoë. I don't care how old you are! You're still a conceited little brat!"

"You never had any wisdom when it came to boys," Zoë growled. "You never could leave them behind!"

Thalia looked like she was about to hit Zoë. 

 Then everyone froze. 

A growl so loud that it could have been one of the rocket engines starting up echoed through the hall.

Below them, a few adults screamed. A child screeched with delight: "Kitty!"

I swore in Ancient Greek getting a scandalized look from Bianca.

I tapped my trusty hair clip and my black bow blade appeared in my hands I got an arrow ready.

Because right now I was staring at the Nemean Lion.

And that is today's chapter, I hope you have enjoyed it!